Do I need to renew?

Options
Last year, I purchased an online account with Quicken, mostly so that my wife and I could both access our data from wherever we were. However, we never used any online functions, including accessing our data. Now I got an automatic renewal. Do I need to renew? I get pop ups to login, but never do so because I hate the idea of handling my financial data on a website. In fact, sadly I don't even need to share with my wife anymore, so really all I need is Quicken on my machine. Bottom line. If I cancel this renewal, will I lose anything other than services that I never use and don't want? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best Answers

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you only need quicken on your machine, you're not using "starter", and you don't download data from banks, etc, you can let your subscription expire. You do get a "expiration banner" though. But your program will work fine on your computer.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs

wags Glad to be here!

• sjkemp62
    sjkemp62 Member
    Options
    Thanks Studpup. I went into My Account and cancelled the autorenew. Is it possible to get a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the year I just paid for? I've never used the online features, other than to be annoyed by the popups trying to get me to login. I am glad to be "stuck" with the version of Quicken that I now have.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This is a community forum composed mostly of users and a few Quicken moderators. The only way to get a refund would be to contact support and plead your case.  Depending on how recently it was and what your story is, they might be able to do something.  

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• sjkemp62
    sjkemp62 Member
    Options
    FYI, I wrote a three sentence chat to Support and got a full refund of the auto-renewal. Simple and satisfactory. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.