Bank of America accounts not updating

I have several accounts at Bank of America and recently the checking transactions are not downloading. They have cleared the bank but not downloading. I use Express Web connect as I have for many years. is there a problem?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Don Hubbard

Thanks for the update. I think it would be best to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. That way we're able to see why exactly the screen isn't pulling up when you are trying to get it open. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Don Hubbard

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

Do you receive any error messages when attempting to update this way?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    Tyka
    Tried this solution and no transactions are downloading or clearing since December 9th. There are transactions cleared at Bank of America account on the 14th and 15th that are not downloading
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Don Hubbard

Thank you for giving that a try and letting me know the results.

First, please save a backup before following the next step.

Please hold down F4 and selecting Help > About Quicken and provide the connection method being used. FDS or QCS?

Once you have made a note of the Connection Channel, please choose "Change Channel."

Once the Channel has been changed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    Tyka
    Following the instructions for F4 and About Quicken does not show anything about a connection channel. Only shows build number and version number. Don't see any where else that the connection is referenced. My Quicken is using Express Web Connect with Bank of America
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Don Hubbard

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JDH
    JDH Member ✭✭
    Similar to the problem identified by Don Hubbard, I did an update and all the charges came through except those that I had setup and paid through the Bank of America online bill pay. At the beginning of my update the system said something about a one time update that might take a couple of minutes. Any ideas?
  • JDH
    JDH Member ✭✭
    To be clear they have cleared the bank but are not showing as "cleared" now in my Quicken register
  • Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    Just spend 1/2 hour with support and nothing fixed. Tried to even super validate but no change. Won't download cleared transactions in past two weeks. Tried to do a test to transfer $1 to the checking account and then run an account update, no update at all. They suggested it was a Bank of America issue. Not sure I believe that but have contacted BofA to see. This is maddening as it all worked fine until December 11th.
  • joegz9101
    joegz9101 Member ✭✭
    I just noticed that I am having the same issue. Not sure when exactly it started but I can see transactions starting from the 14th that have not downloaded. Each time I try the Update Now it goes through the motions and then ultimately says 0 transactions downloaded.
  • joegz9101
    joegz9101 Member ✭✭
    Sorry I should have added that I switched the channel per the above instructions from QCS to FDS and then the transactions downloaded.
  • Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    How do you switch the channel. I have followed the instructions and the channel information doesn't show up in the help, about screen?
    Also tried the deactivate and then reset up the account and still doesn't download cleared transactions.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello @Don Hubbard

I apologize for the issue you're having. I have an article here that goes into a bit more detail about what you should be doing/seeing when you try changing the the download channel.  The article does say it's for Wells Fargo but the steps still work the same as well. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-youre-unable-fix-cc-503-wells-fargo

If you're still having trouble and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I do not see any channel information when I use Shift Help About Quicken. Just the version, build etc. I use Quicken Premier and have the current year. Still no download capability from Bank of America. NO error messages at all There is no channel information anywhere that I can find.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Don Hubbard,

You need to use the "hold down on F4 - click on "Help - then - "About Quicken"

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    Frankx
    When I do this I only get a screen the show Quicken-Premier
    Year 2020
    Version R30.14
    Build: 27.1.30.14
    Registered to me
    Membership valid until xxxxx
    There is NO channel information.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @Don Hubbard

Thanks for the update. I think it would be best to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. That way we're able to see why exactly the screen isn't pulling up when you are trying to get it open. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    Update January 27, 2021
    Bank of America is again not updating either the transaction or the clearing check mark on the checking account. Earlier this month I spent two hours on the phone with support and ended up having to restore an older file, deactivate the accounts and set up the accounts again. Have been using that file ever since but it is again not updating transactions. All other Bank of America accounts such as Visa card are updating.
    How do I fix this issue??
  • Pheebers2
    Pheebers2 Member ✭✭
    I, too, am having this issue. No problems with anything else. No errors during the one-step update, but no transactions are downloading for my BOA accounts, and it says everything is reconciled, but it's using a date that's old.
  • Jay Boll
    Jay Boll Member
    I had the same issue as the OP. One account out of several with Bank of America suddenly stopped downloading in December.

I spent an hour with tech support and we figured out that the account in question was linked to "Bank of America-All Other States."

I deactivated the account, went to Tools, Add an Account, selected the account in question, and changed the bank to "Bank of America-Quicken."

That fixed the problem for me.
  • Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    Interesting, my account says Bank of America-Quicken at this time. It seems to be checking the cleared column on recent transactions but not older transactions that it missed. The other accounts work fine.
  • Don Hubbard
    Don Hubbard Member ✭✭
    Here we go again. Bank of America checking (All Other States) is not updating the cleared transactions. Made some transactions yesterday and this morning the only update that matched was a transfer to a BofA credit card payment. And that payment did not match as cleared on the credit card. What is the problem with Bank of America and Quicken.
    I also received an initial error message (not my fault) when trying to do a reset of the account the first time.
    All other banks etc., work fine. This is a mess!
  • SFMIKE
    SFMIKE Member
    I did the F4 Solution above and it helped resolve the one account that was not updating.
  • Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    I searched and searched and found an answer here somewhere that says to deactivate the account (don't delete) then go and set up a new account and instead of selecting the icon for Bank of America which uses "all other states" do a search and you will find Bank of America - Quicken. Used that and it actually fixed the problem and downloaded the transactions. But as an addition, transactions from a couple of days ago did not clear. Hmmm!
  • timrob62
    timrob62 Member
    I fixed this problem by deactivating the existing account, creating a new account use "Bank of America Credit Card", and then linking this account to the old account.
  • Still having this problem. I tried to reset using the Bank of America -Quicken and Bank of America - Credit Card. Still get the cc-555 error. This has been going on for a while randomly. Quicken- please work with BofA and fix!
  • Hank037
    Hank037 Member
    Getting the "Error 155: FI is clocking our traffic" error message. I don't see any way to fix from my end. Is this being worked on?
  • Ely
    Ely Member
    Bank of America accounts won't update. Zero customer service or live chat. Are you fixing this? You charged my credit card to renew the account and it seems it isn't working for many people.
  • same problem here; very disappointing, as it seems to happen a lot of BoA but not with Chase or Fidelity
  • gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    Getting Error CC-555 on my BofA Credit cards. Started just yesterday. How to fix???
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. An alert for Bank of America has been posted here. If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution becomes available, please visit the alert 'bookmark' by clicking the blue bookmark in the upper right.

This is an older post and is being closed to help avoid confusion as there are other current threads for this topic.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.