Memorized Transaction has a short memory, changes on its own

Options
I have a memorized transaction with about a dozen splits, aka my paystub. It's not my idea, governments insist on taxes.

This transaction has existed since last century. In the last few months all the splits went away. So I created a brand new one, painfully recreating every tax, insurance, 401k etc item that shows up in each check. The type of thing that makes one use Quicken in the first plac.

No sooner than I get this done, I restart quicken (next day), the transactions are changed. I don't know if the amounts change, or go missing, but categorize are blank (the visual cue that something is wrong.)

Why doesn't this just stay the way I set it up?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Michael Cambria

Thank you for providing additional details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Next, If you haven't already and open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem. There have been ongoing issues with splits details being removed upon syncing. This report will help contribute to the research of these issues.

Do you use the mobile or web app at all? If not, can you confirm if the option to sync to the mobile/ web is on?

To confirm, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle.

Can you also navigate to the One Step Update settings and confirm that the sync to the cloud is checked or unchecked?

If either of these options is enabled please disable them and see if this resolves the issue. If this does resolve the issue, it's possible that you may need to move forward without syncing to the cloud or mobile app until the issue has been corrected.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Michael Cambria
    Michael Cambria Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing about "Release" I see: Version R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12 (it would be soooo helpful if Quicken let me cut this info so I could paste it here.

I'll re-report problem now.

Sync to cloud *is* checked, and I manually sync before every backup.

I do use the web app.

I'll try disabling both (but not for long, they are both used.)
  • Michael Cambria
    Michael Cambria Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This problem is *still* happening in case anyone cares. I created a new memorized transaction from scratch and no help.

I work around it by copy and paste the last paycheck transaction in the register. It's just far easier than dealing with trying to get this memorized transaction to work.