How long does it take for Quick pay to complete?

I set up Quick pay for credit cards. I entered one on the 11th to be paid on the 12th. I checked on the 13th and it said "processing" in the register, This morning the 17th, it still said "processing". I cancelled it and did a direct payment from my bank, which I know works. Bill is due on the 19th. So how many days ahead of time do I have to schedule a Quick pay?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Especially for credit card payments that cannot be late arriving, I recommend you allow the credit card company to withdraw payments from your checking account automatically on/before Due Date. This method, called Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, or whatever the biller calls it, has worked well for me for many years.
    I would stay away from Quick Pay / Check Pay until Quicken and their service provider can work out the reliability issues.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Susan Brasel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Typically, the payment should process within 24 hours of the payment date. To better isolate the issue, can you please provide the name of the biller that you attempted to pay? 

Have you been able to successfully send a payment via Quick Pay or are you having issues making any payments at all?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    This was an Amex account. The due date is the 19th. This was the first time I had tried Quick pay. I had set up my accounts to be able to be paid from checking. When I first entered the Quick pay for Amex, it would not let me change the date in the pop-up box that came up..it set it on the 19th and so when it got to the register, I changed the date for the 12th. So then it was processing for 4-5 days. Are you saying that it would not go out until within 24 hours of the 19th which is the due date? I just checked all my other Quick pays, and they now will let me change send date in the pop-up box. My next bill is Discover, due on the 1st, so I will see how that one goes. I will try to send it several days before due date. If it fails, I can go to my other bill paying options.
    Thank you.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Especially for credit card payments that cannot be late arriving, I recommend you allow the credit card company to withdraw payments from your checking account automatically on/before Due Date. This method, called Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, or whatever the biller calls it, has worked well for me for many years.
    I would stay away from Quick Pay / Check Pay until Quicken and their service provider can work out the reliability issues.
  • Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    Thanks...That is why I was going to do my next one days in advance of due date...that way, if it fails, I will still have time to send through my regular methods.
This discussion has been closed.