Why do I have a defunct biller on the Bills list of the Bills & Income screen?

Options
I want to delete it. I no longer need it. I have a biller on the Bills list of the Bills & Income screen and it says "awaiting next bill" and "Account may be closed. Login to your biller's web site to check the status of this account. Try again. The tab on the far right says "try again". I want to delete it; I no longer have this account. I already deleted the payee on the memorized payee list.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @LandofCope52

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab and choose the "Gear" icon.

Then choose "Validate Online Billers" does this return any message or remove the bill?

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Quicken Tyka! I had not done that (not familiar with this area of Quicken) so I tried it now. It does not remove the biller but it does return the message "Validation complete. Local bills are in sync with the server."
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @LandofCope52

Thank you for the response and for me know the results.

If navigate to the Bills and Income screen and choose the drop-down for this biller under the action, do you have an option to unlink?

If not, I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • LandofCope52
    LandofCope52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Tyka!

Thanks for your helpful reply. Here is my report:

On the biller line in question, the click box with the drop down says: Try Again. The drop down choices are Refresh bill, Link to reminder, go to biller website.

I ran the Validate file operation as you suggested. Nothing changed for this bill. There were 2 relevant messages in the DATA_LOG which were:
    QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

However, I had a downloaded transactions flag next to a particular account that has no downloaded transactions. This flag has always been there and I've never been able to remove it. The flag is now gone after performing the validation operation.

Thank you!
    @LandOfCope52
This discussion has been closed.