Can Mac Deluxe make comparison reports integrating multiple spending accounts by category?

I have used Quicken Deluxe for Windows for years. I need to generate monthly reports that combine income and expenses from cash, checking and credit cards, sorting all by categories and subcategories and comparing the current month to the fiscal year to date. Can Quicken Deluxe for Mac do that?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes. (Quicken Mac has no concept of fiscal years, but you can compare any two periods, so if you define one column as the current month and the other as the beginning of the fiscal year to today, then yes.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Yes. Accounts and categories are two separate organizational dimensions. If you create a report by categories, it will show revenues and expenses for all accounts. Or, optionally, you can have it use only selected accounts. You can have a report with just a list of categories and the total for all accounts, or can have your categories as rows and accounts in columns, should you want to see the spending by both dimensions. 

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Yes. (Quicken Mac has no concept of fiscal years, but you can compare any two periods, so if you define one column as the current month and the other as the beginning of the fiscal year to today, then yes.)
  • SMJOH
    SMJOH Member
    Thank you! That clears up half of my need. I'm very grateful! The other question is -- If I have multiple spending accounts -- cash, checking, credit card in my Quicken Mac account bar, can I set the report to combine all the, say, "groceries" from all the spending accounts into on total "groceries" on the report? Can Quicken Mac Deluxe combine the spending account information into one report?
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Yes. Accounts and categories are two separate organizational dimensions. If you create a report by categories, it will show revenues and expenses for all accounts. Or, optionally, you can have it use only selected accounts. You can have a report with just a list of categories and the total for all accounts, or can have your categories as rows and accounts in columns, should you want to see the spending by both dimensions. 
  • SMJOH
    SMJOH Member
    Thank you so much, Jacobs! That is super helfpul!
This discussion has been closed.