in PLANNING tab, budgets

Top left corner has prior budgets, but not current. Not sure what purpose is. Also shows up in reports.

What is purpose, how to get rid of it or change to current budget?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    The pull-down menu on the Budget view on the Planning tab, enables us to choose which budget we would like to view.  Note: When we have only one budget, the pull-down menu doesn't appear.  To remove a budget from the Quicken file, view the budget you would like to remove and select Budget Actions > Delete this budget...
  • Norm
    Norm Member ✭✭
    I don't want to delete prior years budget. I want the ability to reference prior years budgets for personal planning. I am working on 2021 budget which is selected to the right of Annual View.

The prior years budget also appears on Current Budget reports. I don't understand why it is included in reports and Planning/Budgets tab.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Norm said:
    I don't want to delete prior years budget. I want the ability to reference prior years budgets for personal planning. I am working on 2021 budget which is selected to the right of Annual View.

The prior years budget also appears on Current Budget reports. I don't understand why it is included in reports and Planning/Budgets tab.
    We can not delete prior years of a budget but may delete a budget.

When you say you are working on 2021 budget, is that a new budget you created in 2021 or the 2021 year added to an existing budget?

The pull-down menu to the left are the budgets in the Quicken file.  We may scroll through the years of a budget in the Annual view by left-clicking on the arrow buttons: 
  • Norm
    Norm Member ✭✭
    I have created and completed a 2021 budget. When I create a Spending/Current Budget report it describes Budget as 2020 and Budget Year as 2021. I want to either eliminate the reference to Budget or display it as 2021. The only other place I see the list of historical budgets is in the Planning tab.

Maybe the issue is getting the 2021 budget included in that dialog box.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Norm said:
    I have created and completed a 2021 budget. When I create a Spending/Current Budget report it describes Budget as 2020 and Budget Year as 2021. I want to either eliminate the reference to Budget or display it as 2021. The only other place I see the list of historical budgets is in the Planning tab.

Maybe the issue is getting the 2021 budget included in that dialog box.
    To edit the name of a budget, view the budget on the Planning tab and select Budget Actions > View options > Edit budget name....
  • Norm
    Norm Member ✭✭
    Don't want to edit 2020 budget name. Just don't want any prior years budgets referenced when reporting current year budgets.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Norm said:
    Don't want to edit 2020 budget name. Just don't want any prior years budgets referenced when reporting current year budgets.
    If we don't want a budget to have multiple years, we need to create the budget in the desired year and we must not add additional years to a budget.
  • Norm
    Norm Member ✭✭
    I think that may be the problem. Somehow my 2021 budget is named 2020. Now I have to figure out how to recover my 2020 budget - any ideas?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Norm said:
    I think that may be the problem. Somehow my 2021 budget is named 2020. Now I have to figure out how to recover my 2020 budget - any ideas?
    Again, we may change the name of a budget but we cannot remove the years of a budget.

The easiest way to undo a change you have made to a budget in a Quicken file is to restore a backup of the Quicken file you saved before you made the change.
This discussion has been closed.