Why is "Price Day Change" field blank, but "Day Gain/Loss" shows gain.

2»

Answers

• Justin Damerell
    Justin Damerell Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    This issue finally got fixed in Release 30.19. Everything now works correctly.
    Originally reported in June 2019!
  • Mark Sanz
    Mark Sanz Member ✭✭
    Not fixed. Started experiencing same problem today with 2 stocks out of 60. It does update the Quote/Price with UPDATE in Investing tab. It leaves blank the Price Day Change. Price Day Change % is 0.00% and does not change even though the quote/price changes. Yes, downloading quotes is on and works for these 2. There is some calculation issue, the quotes are there. I can also update from within the individual stock window and it will work once. Quicken will re-add those columns if you go back one day and then return to today. All other stocks work fine. Bought some stock yesterday for those 2. did a validate. Have windows release 31.12, build 27.1.31.12. Active subscription.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mark Sanz If this is the same problem as reported earlier, it is a recalculation issue. Setting the As Of date one day earlier then returning to the problem date should fix it.

Please let us know if that does it. Thanks.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Mark Sanz
    Mark Sanz Member ✭✭
    It shows up correctly until the next Update then problem recurs. The recalculation does not stay fixed upon next update despite moving the date back and then current.
  • Yep, I thought it was fixed, but I agree it is not fixed. As I indicated above, it was reported in June 2019 and it still doesn't work. I thought the subscription service would help this situation. It can't be a large problem, since it gets fixed with the screen refresh that occurs with the date change band aid. Somebody just has to look at the problem! Getting annoyed with little problem that tarnishes an otherwise good product.
  • Mark Sanz
    Mark Sanz Member ✭✭
    Do I have to do anything else to get it worked on? Does this count as notifying Quicken?
  • Brent Voss
    Brent Voss Member
    This problem has persisted for the last 6 moths I have been using it. For me, it's 2 stocks not next to each other in my listing. It was the last stock in 2 accounts (the most recently purchased stocks), but since I purchased another stock today, it changed to a different stock.

Clicking back to a previous date, then back to todays date does show the Price Day Change, but that is a work around that doesn't stay when another update is executed. Fix this problem Quicken.
  • Justin Damerell
    edited May 2021
    This problem still exists. Quicken, please fix this problem. You charge me an annual maintenance fee, but you aren't fixing this problem. Attached are two screen shots. The first one is right after an update. The second one is after changing the date field to today -1, then back to today. In particular look at the entry for QQQ.
  • Brent Voss
    Brent Voss Member
    It looks like it has been fixed, for now.

I am not having the issue today while using version R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12

Hope it is permanent.
  • Justin Damerell
    I am using the R32.12 release you mentioned, and it is still a problem.
  • Polyian
    Polyian Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. If I switch the date to yesterday and back then the date shows properly...until I do another update and it's blank again. Do another date switch and back to see the data again....annoying to say the least
This discussion has been closed.