Why is ALLY BANK downloading still not working after 5 days ?

bendore
bendore Member ✭✭
Reading the "KNOWN ISSUES" ledger, it is told to us that the delays in the downloading process are resolved. But they are NOT. Still waiting a long time to get a download and ALLY BANK is still not downloading. And why is the Category list selection above only allow you to choose from a few choices that may not even be germaine.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize you have been unable to find a resolution on the Community.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools that the Community does not have to better review and research online banking issues such as this.

Please let us know how it goes with support.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• batstang2000
    batstang2000 Member ✭✭✭
    In Ally's case, it is indeed Ally Bank that has turned off the downloads and not an error in Quicken. Last week, Ally had a major malfunction in their databases, they are probably waiting until they are corrected before once again allowing downloads through the auto-update feature.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Well... now I noticed that ALLY is not throwing off Error Codes
    during One Step Update,
    but has pretty much just been doing the connection -
    with NO data transfer, and NO Quicken update of the download date...
    Mine is still stuck at - January 21 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Plus, I can't even get to Ally online on my pc. What gives? I have a problem with Ally, both in Quicken and on-line about once every month!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Plus, I can't even get to Ally online on my pc.
    I can acess the ALLY website and see everything - also from the App on iPhone -
    https://secure.ally.com
    so you must have something else going on -
    in fact I had to logon as my CD matured, and rolled into my MM acct... along with the interest postings - and Quicken sees none of it, just connects - no errors - but also no data -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just an update for my accounts - Monday 2/8/21 -
    I did a One Step Update, and again, no errors - but no data...
    SO.... went to each ALLY Quicken account
    --> Edit Acct --> Online Services --> DEACTIVATE -->
    Then RE-SETUP one of the ALLY accounts - and did the Link to Quicken Acct
    All seems good - found all the accts, linked to existing, and downloaded recent activity.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    Today is the first time in over a week that I have gotten downloads from Ally Bank. I am not sure if this is the same issue as discussed here. I have a feeling that Ally is not processing the steps needed for downloading every day and perhaps only once a week. This has been going on for the last 6 months or so. I just reconcile without the downloads and do a manual match when I get data.
  • Reed M
    Reed M Member ✭✭
    Downloading transactions from Ally Bank takes an unbelievably long time. There is definitely a problem still.
  • REVIEW YOUR REGISTERS!!!

I, too, have been dealing with Ally Bank issues, and when I thought it was going to behave today, I was greeted to a complete mess in my account registers after doing an online update: splits consolidated, transfers & entries deleted, reconciled transactions being rolled back to cleared. The only fix was to restore from backup (you have one, right?) and using the QFX file download for each account.
  • BrianC
    BrianC Member
    Dealing with the same/similar issue with Ally. What I am seeing is a delay in transaction downloads. Earlier this year, things were working normally. I could do a funds transfer on-line and then almost immediately be able to download this transaction from Quicken. I just downloaded transactions (on 2/19) and the transactions that downloaded are from between 2/6 and 2/9.

What gives?
  • Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    I also was having an issue with the transaction downloads. So, I went and selected "deactivate" for each of my Ally accounts in the Account Details > Online Services tab.

After deactivating, I now cannot create a connection to Ally. I keep getting prompted to SMS Text to my phone for a confirmation code, but when I select the phone number, I never get the text. I confirmed through a browser (on Ally's website) that my cell number is correct. Anyone else have this issue?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BrianC

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would first save a backup and complete the steps outline below.

I would recommend deactivating and reactivating the account following the steps below.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know if you still experience this trouble after completing these steps.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I deactivated the account. I then followed the instructions to reactivate it. I get a popup that seeks to send a secure code to my cell phone. Then the code never is received, leaving me unable to reactivate my account.
  • I just purchased the Subscribe version of Quicken for my new Mac laptop. My old account with Q is outdated, so is inactive. I tried to create a new account and it won't work.
  • Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    > @JohnPratt23 said:
    > I deactivated the account. I then followed the instructions to reactivate it. I get a popup that seeks to send a secure code to my cell phone. Then the code never is received, leaving me unable to reactivate my account.

I'm seeing the same thing. The popup to send a secure code to my cell phone is not received. It seems as though Quicken is never sending the request through to Ally for the code. In my case, other accounts (such as PayPal) work correctly for a secure code, just not Ally.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize you have been unable to find a resolution on the Community.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools that the Community does not have to better review and research online banking issues such as this.

Please let us know how it goes with support.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    I had to call Ally as the attempts to re-add my accounts to Quicken had locked out my login to Ally. According to Ally, there is still an issue with Quicken and Ally accounts. No ETA on a fix yet.
  • Bryan Key West
    Bryan Key West Member ✭✭
    My Ally connection for downloading was fine until March 16th. Can still download transactions manually but in no other way. Recognizes my user and password on the Ally site but not via Quicken. Ally seem to want me to move the accounts to Marcus
  • bpoucher
    bpoucher Member ✭✭
    Is there an update on this issue? One step update for Ally Bank doesn't work for me either. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.