Brokerage downloads spotty

Doug
Doug Member ✭✭
I'm running Quicken 2020, Version R31 12 on Windows 10. I have several brokerage accounts set up to download using "One Step". It's been working for years.  Suddenly, the downloads have become spotty. Sometimes work. Sometimes not.

Yesterday I deactivated an account with TDAmeritrade and set it up again because it was not updating. Error messages. After reset, it worked, but then my Vanguard account stopped working.

Whenever I try to download transactions, I'm getting error OL-362-A, your financial has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file.

This is obviously a glitch in Quicken since I can easily log on to the accounts directly online. Nothing has changed in the accounts and no changes have been made in Quicken by me.

Anyone know what's going on?

[edited for readability]

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Sorry to hear you're having download problems.

First I would make a backup, then validate your file to make sure there's no errors:

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Then log out and back in with your Quicken ID: Edit/Preferences/Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts/Sign in as a different user
    Type yes, and sign out. 
    Then sign back in with the same Quicken User ID and password.

and do One Step Update again.

wags Glad to be here!

• Makes no sense.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    While I appreciate the effort by Studpup, that "fix" locked me up tighter than a drum! I had go back to a day old backup and bring it up to date. Just decided to wait overnight and let the Quicken glitch clear itself. It did. Everything behaved as it should this morning. Sometimes they're like Andrew Cuomo ... can't seem to take any of the blame.
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Glad its working!

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.