How do I kill the "unfinished update" warning for a deleted account?

The USAA credit card update ...405 issue results in creating a new account and adding a zz prefix to the old one. Because the original update request never completed, I get an error every time I open or close Quicken or do a one-step update. I even deleted the zz- account but the warning persists. How do I remove it? If I uncheck the box beside the dead account, it is re-checked the next time I open the one-step update list. Apparently, the "zz" prefix indicates "Zombie" account: you cannot kill it.
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The account update status is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • Heinrich
    Heinrich Member
    Thanks for the fast reply. I found the file, renamed it to "ZZruntime.dat" and started quicken. I still get the same prompt box when I start Quicken. I still cannot uncheck the zzz-creditcard account un the update list. When I close and re-open the list, the account is re-checked for update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Heinrich said:
    Thanks for the fast reply. I found the file, renamed it to "ZZruntime.dat" and started quicken. I still get the same prompt box when I start Quicken. I still cannot uncheck the zzz-creditcard account un the update list. When I close and re-open the list, the account is re-checked for update.
    So, it isn't the status of the last account update...

If you are certain you have deleted (or deactivated) all of the account registers referencing the deprecated financial institution's name, I suggest you attempt the Copy and Validate instructions as described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
This discussion has been closed.