CC-503 SunTrust Bank

Options
Long term user of Quicken and One Step Update. Anyone know a work around or fix? Recieving CC-503 on Deluxe 2020 vR31.12 b27.1.31.12 deactive of account and re-adding uid and pw for Suntrust Bank Account? Online browser access working with my current UID and Password when not using Quicken.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    With DC you need to first sign up for their PC Banking service on their website and they will provide you with unique login information...and they will charge you $5.95/month for that privilege or $9.95/month if you want bill pay included. 
    There are also two different setup links for SunTrust consumer banking:  SunTrust Bank and SunTrust Banks.  For DC you need to use SunTrust Bank.
    For EWC there have been login issues with the SunTrust Bank link since last spring when SunTrust made some system changes that affected Quicken online services setup.  Whether this is a Quicken issue, an Intuit issue (Intuit no longer owns Quicken but they are still the aggregator) or a SunTrust issue is debatable but most FI-specific EWC connection issues are caused by and resolution is owned by the FI.  Anyway, the issue is that during the setup process you are prompted to enter a new PW for SunTrust but then the new PW is not accepted so the setup process cannot be completed.
    There are two options to get around this EWC setup issue and I have not seen general agreement that either one works 100% of the time but one of them usually works for most people.:
    OPTION 1:  Use the SunTrust Bank link for the setup.  When prompted to change the PW...Enter the current password (not a new PW), then hold down CNTL and Shift and then hit Enter.  (This is the process I've used a few times and it's always worked for me.)
    OPTION 2:  Try using the SunTrust Banks link for the setup.  This is a recently created link to specifically address this EWC setup issue.  (It does not work with DC.)  I have not tried using it, yet, but some have said it worked well for them.
    Let me know if any of this information helped resolve your issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Which connection method are you trying to set up:  EWC or DC?  The setup process is not the same for both of them.
    Also, FYI...There have been EWC connection issue in general for the last couple of days.  This might be preventing you from establishing a new EWC connection at this time. 

• dannybarr
    dannybarr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried both EWC and DC neither works with my Version/Build (R31.12/27.1.31.12) . Only way to Activate One Step Update password and uid after decativation of online for an account was to totally delete the account and re-add it via the add account process. After 30 years of programming and 16 years code fix support with BMC Software cannot believe Intuit was wise to let this download process be distributed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    With DC you need to first sign up for their PC Banking service on their website and they will provide you with unique login information...and they will charge you $5.95/month for that privilege or $9.95/month if you want bill pay included. 
    There are also two different setup links for SunTrust consumer banking:  SunTrust Bank and SunTrust Banks.  For DC you need to use SunTrust Bank.
    For EWC there have been login issues with the SunTrust Bank link since last spring when SunTrust made some system changes that affected Quicken online services setup.  Whether this is a Quicken issue, an Intuit issue (Intuit no longer owns Quicken but they are still the aggregator) or a SunTrust issue is debatable but most FI-specific EWC connection issues are caused by and resolution is owned by the FI.  Anyway, the issue is that during the setup process you are prompted to enter a new PW for SunTrust but then the new PW is not accepted so the setup process cannot be completed.
    There are two options to get around this EWC setup issue and I have not seen general agreement that either one works 100% of the time but one of them usually works for most people.:
    OPTION 1:  Use the SunTrust Bank link for the setup.  When prompted to change the PW...Enter the current password (not a new PW), then hold down CNTL and Shift and then hit Enter.  (This is the process I've used a few times and it's always worked for me.)
    OPTION 2:  Try using the SunTrust Banks link for the setup.  This is a recently created link to specifically address this EWC setup issue.  (It does not work with DC.)  I have not tried using it, yet, but some have said it worked well for them.
    Let me know if any of this information helped resolve your issue.

• roofer21
    roofer21 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Option #1 worked.
This discussion has been closed.