Sync Causes Account Errors

John A
John A Member
Sync has caused at least one account to have a huge negative balance in the register that differs from the correct balance in the account bar (yes, I've checked all filters, etc., within the register). I've reloaded from a backup to fix this, but then I go to preferences to turn off sync and it says "We could not retrieve your cloud account information" and doesn't give me the option to turn off sync. So I go to ID & Cloud Accounts, which says the same thing, leading me to sign out and sign back in. When I sign back in, it automatically syncs, which screws up the account balance again. After signing back in, I can go in and turn off sync, but I'd be stuck with that account error. And if I turn off sync, then reload from a backup, sync is turned back on and I get the same "could not retrieve" issue.

Long story short, I'm in a loop where I can't fix one problem without creating another.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @John A

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite a loop that you're stuck in. When you load up the backup do you not get the option to not sync to cloud? One thing I can maybe think of trying to delete the dataset then try loading the backup right afterwards. I'll leave steps below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

Once you've done this in the same secondary file try loading the backup in that same file as well.  

Once you've tried this out let us know how it goes. If you're still having issues we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• John A
    John A Member
    That doesn't work, for the same reason I can't turn off sync. When I go to Preferences->Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, it says "We could not retrieve your Quicken profile information." Then if I click "sign in using a different Quicken ID", then log out and back in, it automatically syncs before I can turn off sync, which creates the problem with the account. I'd just delete Quicken and reinstall, then load up my saved dataset, but I'm worried that if I do that, it will make me repurchase it.
  • John A
    John A Member
    So I figured out where to find the reinstall file. Completely uninstalled, reinstalled, started fresh, made sure to select options to not use web/mobile and to make sure sync was turned off. Then restored my backup, and the Quicken ID & Cloud say the same thing, and unable to turn off sync when I log back in. This is taking up way too much of my time and is NOT why I've been a quicken customer for over 20 years.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @John A

Thanks for the update. It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.