How do I review 3 transactions?

On the Account List, I get a flag that says I have 3 transactions to review, but on this type of an account, I can't tell where that would be and can't clear flag. The linked account is all clear

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try clicking on "View payment details" directly beneath the donut circle graph and above the right side of the payoff chart?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Jack*
    Jack* Member ✭✭
    Yes, thank you. But it is blank
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2021
    Ah, I should have noticed that you have your Mortgage linked to SunTrust.  Linked Mortgages do not have registers.
    Have you looked at Online Center under Tools and selected SunTrust to see what is shown there?
    If you haven't already reviewed this Support Article you might want to do so:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-says-there-are-transactions-accept-i-do-not-see-any

• Jack*
    Jack* Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I did not know that existed. After looking at it, unfortunately it was empty. I also looked at the linked SunTrust account and can't seem to find anything that needs to be cleared. Fortunately, this does not affect any numbers, but I am trying to understand better how these linked accounts work and thought maybe I am just missing something.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are sort of half in and half out with linked loan accounts.  They don't want the user changing things in linked loan accounts because the information is suppose to only come from the financial institution.  So they hide the register.  On the other hand all the normal processes are still happening like the downloading of transactions and the messages like the one for reviewing the transactions.  In reality it shouldn't say that, that should probably be considered a bug.

If this wasn't a loan account then you would go to the register to review the transactions to make sure things like the categories are right and such and mark the transactions reviewed by clicking on the "New" status icon/text (the column with the blue dot on the column header).  Note to see the text you would widen the status column.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jack*
    Jack* Member ✭✭
    My, thoughts also, I have cleared flags many times, but in this type of an account, there is no where to do so. I appreciate you confirming my thoughts
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2021
    Jack said:
    Thanks, I did not know that existed. After looking at it, unfortunately it was empty. I also looked at the linked SunTrust account and can't seem to find anything that needs to be cleared. Fortunately, this does not affect any numbers, but I am trying to understand better how these linked accounts work and thought maybe I am just missing something.
    Much of how Quicken can be and is used is a matter of personal preferences regarding pros and cons tradeoffs.  Some people like having their loans linked to the lender financial institution because they, at least in theory, are getting the most accurate data with regard to balance and payment details but then they give up the ability to see that information in a loan register.  But it makes for a simple and easy way to track the loan in Quicken and some people really like simple and easy.
    My preference is to not link the loan to the lender.  Then I get to see the register details, the amortization schedule and can set up a recurring Reminder for the loan payments that I can edit to change the payment schedule or to prepay on principal or to make adjustments to escrow amounts.  Then when the payment is downloaded into my checking account I just make sure that it is matched with the Reminder that was previously entered there.  This method also provides an easy way to check on the effect on the amortization schedule if making recurring additional principal payments.  It's a little more work but for someone who is more oriented to seeing all the details of the loan (like me) this is perhaps the better way to go.
    Unfortunately, since you have no Mortgage register and since the transactions to review do not show up in Online Center I'm not sure how to resolve them.  Maybe someone else will pop in and be able to provide some insight on this matter.