Bank of the West Dialog Box Appears After Every Update

When updating accounts, a dialog box appears from Bank of the West. The message states that BOTW recently updated systems and the user may have to contact BOTW to gain access to the accounts. At the bottom of the dialog box is a check box that states, "Don't show this message again." I have checked that box every day for more than two months and the dialog box continues to pop up after every update. This appears to be another Quicken problem that just isn't being solved.
Any suggestions?
Extremely frustrated user of quicken

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @asharka

I apologize for not having more clear steps for you. I believe in this case it may be best for you to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  This will help us with guiding you and figure out exactly what's happening on your side. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @asharka

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if it may think you're still not updated on their side but we should be able to test this in a test file as well to see if it also reoccurs there. I'll leave instructions down below on how to do so.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

Once you're connected try to update the account and see if you're still having the same message pop up. Depending what you find we'll see what we can do enext.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• asharka
    asharka Member ✭✭
    I give up. BOTW keeps asking me to request an access code and then I go to a new page. Quite frustrating. Then I "lost" my original quicken file and had to restore a backup. I still can't find my original quicken file. You give instructions to troubleshoot and correct an issue, and assume everyone knows the system like you do. Well, we don't know your quicken system like you do. I also wonder why you have a product that has been out more than 25 years and you still have many programming issues. I don't get it.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @asharka

I apologize for not having more clear steps for you. I believe in this case it may be best for you to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  This will help us with guiding you and figure out exactly what's happening on your side. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• asharka
    asharka Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Rant/Argumentative]
  • I have been having this same problem for over a month, maybe two. Every time I perform a transaction update from Bank of the West, I get a message that they have recently updated their systems and checking the box "Don't show this message again" has absolutely no effect, regardless how many times I check it.
  • I am having the same problem. In fact I can not download transactions from any of my Bank of the West accounts. Quicken says server can not be found.

Bank of the West technical support says Quicken needs to open a ticket with the and resolve the issue.

And now Quicken Cloud will not update. Has been going on for 2 weeks now even after Quicken tech support tried to reset it.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ttomasini

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Also, can you please provide the exact error message(s) you are receiving. This will help determine the next step forward.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NoBoB
    NoBoB Member ✭✭
    I'm also having the same problem. I followed the 'new file' instructions above, set up BOTW, and it returned the same warning box I've seen every day for months in my regular everyday file. I had already tried deactivating the account and re-doing the online services setup, but that makes no difference either.

I had previously called BOTW support, and they assured me their end was not the problem, that my account was current and set up correctly. Of course I have no way to know if that's really the case, but I've had a lot more issues with Quicken than with BOTW so I tend to believe them.
  • K. Smith
    K. Smith Member ✭✭
    FWIW, I also have not been able to connect/download from Bank of the West direct connect since Feb. 18. Shows "A server with the specified hostname could not be found". Difference is I'm on a Mac running Mojave w/ Quicken Deluxe 6.1.1. Looking at OFXLog.txt file, it appears Quicken is going to a different server now than it was 1 week ago ? devvm.bankofthewest.com/..... instead of ofx.bankofthewest.com/..... I don't know, maybe just a Mac thing ?

Have also had the annoying message box since last Sept-Oct (?) that keeps coming back after dismissing but have learned to ignore it. Minor issue compared to being unable to download transactions.
  • K. Smith
    K. Smith Member ✭✭
    As of this evening, 2/23/21 @23:45pst, appears to be directing back to the correct server, ofx.bankofthewest.com/.... I suspect a man-in-the-middle (Intuit) was the issue ?
  • asharka
    asharka Member ✭✭
    BOTW insists the dialog box is not there issue. Quicken said the dialog box is not their issue. Even when selecting the box to not show the dialog box again it kept returning.
    I SOLVED THE ISSUE.
    I closed my account with BOTW. No longer a problem.
This discussion has been closed.