Citizens Bank Download problems

I have been using Quicken for years with Citizens bank and the downloads use express web connect.  For about a month now, the download does not download the latest transactions.  My quicken downloads are always 2 days behind.  Anyone else facing this issue ?  Was there a change in Quicken download logic ?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That may be a timing issue.
    When the Quicken / Intuit download server connects to the bank, to download transactions, but the bank is late posting today's transaction data then you get what you experience.
    I have no idea if anything can be done. And I do hope that this isn't just simply a cause of the recent winter storms all over the country.
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    I have that "feature" on several accounts. Online banking through a browser shows current transactions, even those that aren't finalized yet (especially debit card transactions). My debit card transactions are sometimes visible on the bank website the minute I come home, but don't post until a business day or two later, and that's when the bank includes them in the download. If I buy gas Friday, I won't see that transaction in quicken until Tuesday (or Wednesday on holiday weekends). 

wags Glad to be here!

• euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here.. not downloading for days after transactions...
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @euromixer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Francisco. I just followed the instructions. I am running Quicken for Mac. Version 6.1.1. I Created a TEST FILE (NEW FILE) and downloaded all the data up to yesterday.... which is typical for Citizens. Now what do you suggest?? I dont want to have to set up all my accounts again. There are many bank and checking accounts, by creating a new file..... AND I have all my accounts reconciles and painstakingly categorized. I would not want to loose all of that data. HELP!!!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I tried a new empty test file and got the same immediate HTTP500 error when trying to connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Wow.. Thats interesting... Fingers crossed that Citizens/Quicken can figure out.... Thanks for the info...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Studpup said:
    I have that "feature" on several accounts. Online banking through a browser shows current transactions, even those that aren't finalized yet (especially debit card transactions). My debit card transactions are sometimes visible on the bank website the minute I come home, but don't post until a business day or two later, and that's when the bank includes them in the download. If I buy gas Friday, I won't see that transaction in quicken until Tuesday (or Wednesday on holiday weekends). 
    Are these transactions that you see on the bank website but not being downloaded listed there as "pending"?  Pending transactions are often shown on bank websites but are not downloaded into Quicken (or included in statements or in manual downloads) until they have posted/cleared at the bank which is usually anywhere from 1-3 days after the date of the transaction.  That 1-3 days delay is because that's how long it takes the Clearing House to process transactions.   Internal transactions done on the bank's website or ATM often do post right away because there is no Clearing House involved. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for checking in. For me these are not pending transactions. They are ALL transactions post 2/16/21
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    euromixer please update this forum if you hear back from Quicken. I am a Mac user and I am having the same issue too. I am planning to call Citizens tomorrow too.
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you @SSilverman I appreciate you sharing and chiming in.. Its NOT just me!!!! it's others too.... TODAY I called Quicken to try some fixes... 1 hr on the phone with a very helpful representative (TAYLOR)... he escalated it to his supervisors who said gather all the info he could from me.. "we are getting a lot of calls on this".. .they are investigating it too..... ill keep this link posted.. I have STARRED/FAVORITED it.. Best wishes.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community, although I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

May I ask, which instance of Citizen's Bank are you attempting to connect with?  There are multiple options in the financial institution list and I'd like to be sure we are reviewing the correct financial institution.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    Hi @"Quicken Sarah" I am using "Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Consumer."
  • QuickMP
    QuickMP Member ✭✭
    Same Here
  • RickO
    Me three.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi All,

Thank you for confirming the financial institution name.  I attempted to add an account using fake login credentials in my personal data file and received a HTTP 500 error, instead of the invalid login credential error I should have.

This led me to review the log files that detail the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institution where I found this internal error

If you haven't already, please open Quicken, go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.  

In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah Citizens Bank" in the comment box and click Send to Quicken when ready.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know it has been submitted so I can retrieve the report from the system.  I'd like to compare the internal communications to see if you are receiving the same error as I am so we can get this escalated and corrected.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Sarah I submitted an Error report as requested at 12:24 pm. Thank you very much for your help getting down to the bottom of this.

-Scott
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi Scott (@SSilverman)

Thank you so much for submitting your logs for review.  I have received them and confirmed that you are also receiving the same internal error that I did.

I've opened an escalation with our Teams to investigate further and will be back to share updates and/or a resolution as one is received.

In the meantime, if anyone else would like to add their logs to assists with the investigation, please be sure to go to the Help menu > Report a Problem and submit a report, Attn: CTP-1823.

Thank you again,

Sarah

(
    CTP-1823)
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    The Logs they requested of me were:
    ConnLog.txt
    HTTPLog.txt
    OFXLog.txt.

maybe some info to tell folks how to find the logs?
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    For me is was Citizens Bank - Mid Atl Consumer
    Citizens said we have learned about this too and only seems to be with MAC folks..
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    Logs submitted again Sarah
  • RickO
    Problem report submitted 19:30 EST 2/25/2021
  • euromixer
    euromixer Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    GREAT NEWS!!! [CITIZENS] BANK MID ATL CONSUMER DOWNLOADED TODAY!!!!!!!! Whether it was QUICKEN or CITIZENS BANK who found the fix... THANK YOU for all your help everyone!!! Others find the same success today?
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    I am happy to report Citizens Bank Mid Atl Consumer is now fully working for me. It downloaded all my transactions. I also use it to do bill payments and I was able to send a payment via Citizens. Thank you @Quicken Sarah and all the people monitoring this forum and for fixing the issue.
This discussion has been closed.