Can't Add Xfinity as a Payee

Comments

• Just installed latest Mac version of Quicken and am unable to add Xfinity as a Payee. Gives invalid credentials after entering the security code.
  • Chris M
    Chris M Member
    Same thing happening here with Windows version. The confirmation code texted from Xfinity always returns an error in Quicken as invalid or expired. Quicken support told me it's on Xfinity's end and Xfinity returned the favor by saying it's on Quicken's end. This has been happening for months.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chris M

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your online biller profile for Xfinity. The message I am seeing indicates that the password entered was incorrect. 

Please verify that you are able to sign in to the Xfinity website with the password you are using in Quicken. If this password works on the website, I would next see if there is an option to disable the 2 step verification on the website and see if this corrects the issue.

Please let me know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Motordrome3
    Motordrome3 Member ✭✭
    My experience was the same with Windows version. The confirmation code texted from Xfinity always returns an error in Quicken that says "Biller Account is locked. We're having trouble contacting XFinity because they are reporting that your account is locked.... etc." This behavior all started after Comcast announced support for Two-Factor authentication. I since disabled the Two-Factor authentication on Comcast's end and verified that it now works again! so basically, I have to reduce my security posture on Comcast because Quicken can't fix this issue in a timely manner!! When is this going to be addressed?
  • Motordrome3
    Motordrome3 Member ✭✭
    I have no question in my mind now that this is a Quicken issue because they can not support the 2FA protocol exchange with Comcast for some reason. It almost works, as I observe the progress messages on the bottom of the screen and I get prompted for the code it sends to my phone but when I enter that code back into Quicken, I get the above error!
This discussion has been closed.