I am getting an CC-502 error from PNC bank since Saturday 10-31-2020.

I am getting an CC-502 error from PNC bank since Saturday 10-31-2020.
I need to resolve this problem.
Please I need some help.

Best Answer

• A-Noid
    A-Noid Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How to reset Quicken Cloud data:
    Go to Edit\Preferences
    Select - Mobile & Web
    Push the button "Reset your cloud data" and follow the prompts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please review the posted Alert on this:  UPDATED 10/26/20 PNC Returns CC-502/102 & OL-292-B Error.  If you wish to be kept update on this issue, bookmark it by clicking on the start to the right of the post title.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• JustineL1004
    JustineL1004 Member
    edited December 2020
    It's unacceptable that I have been unable to download my transactions from PNC for almost 2 MONTHS - since October 16th. [Removed-Inaccurate/Disruptive] This is the primary reason I purchased this software and now I have to type in every single transaction. When is this going to be resolved?
  • jowoz1
    jowoz1 Member
    i am having the same issue with PNC. this is ridiculous. FIX IT
  • klshort
    klshort Member
    I was having the same issue with my transactions downloading from PNC. I noticed in the account details that my customer ID was incorrectly showing 123456789 so I reset my account. Note I did not deactivate and reactivate. I only reset it so that my customer ID was correct. Then the download worked!
  • A-Noid
    A-Noid Member ✭✭
    With the help of PNC, I was finally able to resolve the CC-502 errors with Quicken using the web connect. The main issue was the Quicken Cloud. I had to reset my Quicken cloud account, before I could connect to PNC through web connect again.

I confirmed this by creating a new Quicken file (test) and completely disabled the Quicken Cloud. I could connect via the test file to PNC, but not with my main Quicken data file. I then reset the Quicken cloud data, and I could then magically connect to PNC my real Quicken data file.
  • A-Noid
    A-Noid Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How to reset Quicken Cloud data:
    Go to Edit\Preferences
    Select - Mobile & Web
    Push the button "Reset your cloud data" and follow the prompts.
  • dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭
    I went back to logging in to the PNC website and manually downloading the transactions. Pretty easy really and no issues getting things synced.
  • Dbhaddix
    Dbhaddix Member ✭✭
    I also am very annoyed that it's been 2 months and this is not fixed. A-Noid I tried your suggestion of resetting the Quicken Cloud data and it did not work for me. I even tried turning off the cloud data with no success. I'm at a point thinking I made a big mistake updating to this version of Quicken.
  • Dbhaddix
    Dbhaddix Member ✭✭
    @dioxide45 -- you mention downloading the transactions from PNC website - would you care to elaborate on how you were able to do that? I tried downloading to a CSV file but find no way to import into quicken...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dbhaddix said:
    @dioxide45 -- you mention downloading the transactions from PNC website - would you care to elaborate on how you were able to do that? I tried downloading to a CSV file but find no way to import into quicken...
    This connection method is called Web Connect.  Log into the PNC website and select the QFX download format.  (Some banks refer to the format as "Quicken" or "Quickbooks".)   If you are not given the opportunity during download to open the file using Quicken, go to where the downloaded file was saved and open it with Quicken there.  The first time you import the PNC QFX file make sure you link it to your PNC account in Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Lisa Bynum
    Lisa Bynum Member ✭✭
    My PNC CC-502 connection error had been resolved and I successfully updated my accounts for about 2 weeks. Today, it has returned. This is infuriating and needs to be fixed for good. I can't keep going through this- it's been on and off for about 6 months, and the longest time it was unresolved was for about 2 months. This is absolutely ridiculous.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had to Reset Account for PNC and that resolved my issue this morning.
  • jmingtx
    jmingtx Member
    Quicken, this issue has been ongoing for several months and has not been fixed. Prior posts have said the issue is on PNC's end, and work is being done to resolve it. For the record, I pay YOU for this service, not PNC. Continuing to take money for a service that doesn't exist is the definition of fraud. What exact steps are being taken to resolve this issue, and what is the name and phone number of an actual person who can be contacted to discuss it?
This discussion has been closed.