Quicken locks up when I try to update accounts

This happens whether using one step or just trying to update a single account. The only way to get out of it is by closing Quicken using the task manager.
Tagged:

Answers

• jwschmalz
    jwschmalz Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem on multiple accounts. Does anyone know what is happening?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did you wait before you pushed the panic button?
    My OSU this morning (Sat, 2/20) took about 3 minutes of heavy CPU activity and disk I/O while "Processing data" for 3 Express Web Connect - connected bank accounts. Previously it was done in about 1 minute.
    It's my understanding that Quicken is looking into this situation.
    Because you killed Quicken, possibly while in the middle of updating your data file, please do the following:

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• bpharwell
    bpharwell Member ✭✭
    Did anyone actually succeed in resolving this ? I have had similar issues for months, and while the source if the problem is likely a data file corruption, none of the normal methods (verify, backup/restore) are effective at resolving it. (In my case both backup and file copy are failing also)

I actually see a hard out of memory error (sw bug, there is no shortage of memory)
    - single account "update transactions" (from the account gear icon) works in all cases.
    - scheduled update works
    - on demand update (all, one or any account) fails, & locks up or dies

One other odd symptom is that I have an old account (Investment/HSA/IRA) which was disabled for online services and is marked closed which keeps trying to setup online access/download, when another account updates

As an aside, I will note that "Restore" actually seems insane for me. I have backups for years, and even starting clean and restoring a 10year old backup I still see current data in the file
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bpharwell

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

First, can you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

One thing that may impact performance is the location of the data file. Do you store the activated data file in a cloud or network drive?

If you have not done so already, take a moment to review the steps and information available here

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.