Export to Excel crashes Quicken if security symbol looks like a scientific number

Options
I was trying to export to Excel from an investment income report I had created. Kept crashing Quicken. I eventually tracked it down to a specific security symbol "180848E66" (happens to be a muni bond issued by Clark County, Nevada). Assume it is something to do with the fact that the symbol looks like a super large scientific number. Anyway, by excluding Symbol from the report columns, I was able to export it to Excel.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello @Kevin Strong

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I am able to recreate this issue.

I have a few details I would like to confirm, First, may I ask that you please confirm the version that you are experiencing this on? This is located under Help > About Quicken.

Also, what is the account type? Is this a standard brokerage account? Have you been able to successfully export this security prior?

Please let me know so I may include as many details as possible when I report this bug.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello all,

I wanted to provide a small update. An official bug ticket has been opened. I do not have an ETA but I will provide updates when more information becomes available on the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

CTP-1352
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    ONGOING: 1/11/21

No ETA is available at this time.

CTP-1352
    ~~~***~~~