LADWP ebill issue

Options
I have our LADWP (Los Angeles Department of Water & Power) bill set up as an ebill to log in to our account. Starting some time in the past couple weeks, the ebill is pulling the incorrect due date.

This started before the last statement was issued. It reset to bill to the default amount but pushed the due date three months past the next one. Bills are due every two months; the next one was February yet Quicken set the due date to May. So I reset the scheduled date back to February.

When the bill was issued last week or so, Quicken pulled the correct bill amount but set the due date to May again. I've just reset it to February, but am worried it will reset again.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or have advice how to fix?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Devyn

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that it's so far forward. I'm wondering here if you've tried deleting and readding the biller? If not this would be the first step I would recommend trying to take. Have you experienced this previously as well?  If you have let me know and we'll see what we can find out.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Devyn
    Devyn Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @Quicken Francisco,

Thanks for the reply. I had not tried deleting the ebiller, but I just tried unlinking. I'm not sure if that's the same thing, as Quicken suggested my existing login. Is there a way to fully delete an account / login / eBiller?

In any case, here's the odd thing that just happened:

Starting point: LADWP bill was manually set due February 25, with a schedule of every 2 months, linked to LADWP.

1. I unlink eBill.
    2. I select "Link eBill"
    3. Select LADWP
    4. Quicken shows "available accounts" with only my account listed.
    5. I click "next".
    6. Message, "Your bill will be updated. Here's the latest one:"
    -- due date: 03/01/2021
    -- amount: [correct amount]
    7. I click save.
    8. It updates the bill to be due May 25!

It's very odd that Quicken synced and read the due date correctly, and then still pushed it out to May.

It's even more odd that it skipped to the third month, rather than 2 months from now, which would at least be the regular bill schedule.

As an aside, I'll note that we have autopay with LADWP, and it deducts a few days before the due date, on average the 25th of the month. So, even though the official due date is March 01, we have the Quicken due date as the 25th of the month. This has worked over many bills, and always updates to the 25th before the final due date. I don't know if that matters, but wanted to mention.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Devyn

Thank you for the response and the additional details. Are you also using a scheduled transaction to track this bill?

A scheduled transaction is a light grey transaction with a clock icon and can see from the register view and in the bills and income screen.

If so, can you please try to delete this reminder and recreate the reminder?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Devyn
    Devyn Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka

Yes, I am using a scheduled transaction.

I deleted it and recreated it. I updated the bills. For now, it says "Awaiting next bill" and otherwise has retained the info I just entered: amount due and next due date.

Since the due date just passed, and statements are issued and due every two months, it may be some time to confirm the issue is resolved.

Anything else I should try?
This discussion has been closed.