Transfer accounts dropping from memorized payees

This started happening a few months ago: I have a few memorized transactions in which the category is a transfer account. for example, one is Bank of America ATM in which the transfer would be to the Cash account. All of a sudden, the transfer account will not stay saved in the memorized list. I have repeatedly added it back in, but it keeps dropping off. This is not just the cash account, but all of them. Again, this just started happening a few months ago.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @frank8

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and let us know what release of Quicken you are using. This can help isolate if an issue is related to a particular release.

There a few ongoing issues with the memorized payee list that are being worked on. Can you please confirm if you are syncing to the mobile/web app? To so please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken Mobile & Cloud Accounts. 

If this is enabled, can you disable to sync to test if this clears up the issue?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • slstrange
    slstrange Member
    I am experiencing the same issue. Release is as follows: Year 2020, Version R30.21, Build 27.1.30.21. Quicken is set to sync upon exit.
  • slstrange
    slstrange Member
    I manually added the missing transfer accounts. After disabling Sync and exiting, I immediately relaunched Quicken (but did not reboot) and the transfer accounts remained in the Memorized Payee list.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @slstrange

If you have recently installed the R30.21 release, and have not done so, please restore a backup copy where the transfers are correct. There was a recent fix in the release for a similar issue. However, the release will not fix existing issues just prevent the issue from moving forward.

If you still experience the data being overwritten during One Step Update, our teams request that you please go to the Help menu and select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, enter "Update Issues" in the subject line, select the boxes for every file listed, including a sanitized data file copy, and when ready click Send to Quicken.

Sanitizing a data file removes all personally identifiable information including financial institution credentials and obfuscates the transaction data to ensure your privacy remains intact.

In the meantime, you may move forward with mobile sync disabled until a fix has been created.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • korfoo
    korfoo Member
    I'm having the same issue too.
  • recubed
    recubed Member ✭✭
    I had a tier 2 ticket on the following issue with Jose in Tier 2 Technical Support, and we resolved on Sept 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm. A TIER 2 TICKET, SO PLEASE SCHEDULE ANOTHER CALL BACK. Ticket #7967649

This problem was resolved through the US Mondo Patch Update on Sept 23, 2020, but is recurring with Latest Quicken 2020 R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21.

The problem is that Memorized Payees' Split transactions are losing their splits every time I update transactions. I have uploaded saved "memorized payees.qif" , but they are lost after each update.
  • recubed
    recubed Member ✭✭
    Basically, Quicken Technology/Development needs to fix this issue above and let me know it's fixed, or call me for help with further diagnosis - but it's exact issue of my Sept 23, 2020 Ticket #7967649 - Tier 2 ticket
  • slstrange
    slstrange Member
    Thanks, Moderator. One Step Update does not seem to affect my Memorized Payees list, only Mobile Sync. I re-enabled Mobile Sync and ran it when I exited, and the problem promptly reappeared when I relaunched Quicken (the transfer accounts all vanished). I added the transfer account information back into into the Memorized Payees list manually, and I have disabled Mobile Sync again. I have sent a problem report, per your recommendation. In the meanwhile, I cannot use the mobile app (since it does not sync with the data in my desktop), so I hope the problem is resolved soon.
  • This issue is still happening with the latest release (R31.20). When syncing, it deletes some information in the memorized payee list. All transfer accounts are missing, show on calendar boxes become unchecked, etc. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.