Why aren't Navy Federal Accounts updating

Any time I do automatic updates, my Navy Federal Accounts will not update. I do not get an error or anything. I have tried "update accounts", "Update now" for specific accounts, resetting the accounts, deactivating and reactivating. When I "Update now" it says that it is up to date, but I can then download directly from Navy Fed and import the download files and it will then allow me to identify the account and give me the latest information. Any advice?

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. We are currently aware of the connectivity issue with Navy Federal Credit Union. An alert is available at the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888582/new-2-12-2021-navy-federal-credit-union-error-505-105/p1?new=1

Please allow 48 hours and attempt to update once more, please let us know if you continue to experience issues at that time.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ryan Cali

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results. This rules out the issue being at the financial institution and points to something in the file.

I would return to the original file and sign out and sign back in. The steps to do so are located below.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let me know the results.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Ryan Cali

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see if we had any errors up with NFCU but there aren't currently. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below. It'll be the third step down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Monica B
    Monica B Member
    > @"Ryan Cali" said:
    > Any time I do automatic updates, my Navy Federal Accounts will not update. I do not get an error or anything. I have tried "update accounts", "Update now" for specific accounts, resetting the accounts, deactivating and reactivating. When I "Update now" it says that it is up to date, but I can then download directly from Navy Fed and import the download files and it will then allow me to identify the account and give me the latest information. Any advice?

I'm actually having the same issues with the Mac version and have been for the last week. When I run my download, it says that there is a problem at NFCU, but I can and have logged in there just fine. Has there been any issue found specifically that might be causing this?
  • F14Beet
    F14Beet Member
    My NFCU accounts have also stopped updating since the last Quicken Update. Since this has been almost a monthly recurring issue, I tried the usual solution, which is to:
    1. Deactivate online services for all my NFCU accounts
    2. Close the Quicken program
    3. Reopen the Quicken program
    4. Re-add online services for all NFCU accounts

This time, I am unable to complete Step 4. I have tried several times (over several days) to add online services for my NFCU accounts. The procedure progresses normally, including 2-step authorization, and errors out after the "looking for your accounts at NFCU" screen.

I am using the following Quicken subscription version for PC:
    Year: 2020
    Version: R31:12
    Build: 27.1.31.12

Is there a way to roll back my current version of Quicken? PLEASE HELP!
  • justageek
    justageek Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the CC-501 error for my NCFU accounts for the past several days.
  • richmck
    richmck Member
    I am also getting CC-501 error messages. Mine are for PNC Bank. This has been going on way too long. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED? On top of that I was notified Quicken will be charging me $51.99 next month for my subscription. Fortunately, I do know how to fix this error myself. I refuse to pay for anything that does not work
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. We are currently aware of the connectivity issue with Navy Federal Credit Union. An alert is available at the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888582/new-2-12-2021-navy-federal-credit-union-error-505-105/p1?new=1

Please allow 48 hours and attempt to update once more, please let us know if you continue to experience issues at that time.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I got a message that my issue with cc-501 error was resolved. This was not my issue. In my original post I explained that I when I update account, all my account update EXCEPT my NavyFed accounts. I do not get an alarm, or anything else and when I try to reconcile, it tells me I should download update, and I do, and nothing happens. Then if I go to the NF website and download, I can import transactions. I just did it again tonight.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ryan Cali

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?

1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

Do you receive any error messages when attempting to update this way?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I have attempted this and it does not work. No, I do not get any error messages. I am currently trying a test file. The initial download worked, so I am waiting to see if updates will. I remember doing this before and it worked for a while then stopped.
  • Test file works so far. Does that mean I have to open a completely new file?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ryan Cali

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results. This rules out the issue being at the financial institution and points to something in the file.

I would return to the original file and sign out and sign back in. The steps to do so are located below.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let me know the results.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • That worked! Thanks
This discussion has been closed.