Monthly Shares of Data - Best way to achieve?

Hi, I share Treasurer duties for a small HOA with another Board member. We both have Windows Quicken Deluxe on our desktops. She does all the daily duties, deposits, bill pays, and then sends her latest data to me monthly. Rather than retyping all into my Quicken version, what is the best way to share/update? I tried having her send me a QXF file and it blew away all my budget information and reporting. If she did a backup (QDF) and sent it to me, could I safely restore the backup on my version? Would it solve the other issues I have?

Appreciate the help.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A Quicken file is a single user database.  If your are both going to be modifying the Quicken file, you will need to coordinate access.  Rather than moving the Quicken file back and forth between the machines, you may want to consider using a remote desktop client.  Otherwise, the treasurer can provide a backup file which you may open on your machine.  Note: Unless you share a Quicken ID, you will need to reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A Quicken file is a single user database.  If your are both going to be modifying the Quicken file, you will need to coordinate access.  Rather than moving the Quicken file back and forth between the machines, you may want to consider using a remote desktop client.  Otherwise, the treasurer can provide a backup file which you may open on your machine.  Note: Unless you share a Quicken ID, you will need to reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file.
  • Boston87
    Boston87 Member
    Thanks Sherlock, great advice.
This discussion has been closed.