Summary report showing balances and categorized income/expenses

I am trying to generate a summary report for last year showing the starting balance of all my accounts on Jan 1, all income and expenses by category for the year, and then the ending balance of all my accounts on Dec 31.

Is there a way to do this? 

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The report created by Reports > Banking > Transactions and subtotaled by Category has that basic layout.  It's going to be a long report though because it is geared to showing transaction detail. 
    Frankly it probably would be better to run a Spending report for the year, export that to Excel, then type in the beginning and ending balances.  If beginning balance +/- "Overall Total" on Spending report = ending balance, then all's good.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The report created by Reports > Banking > Transactions and subtotaled by Category has that basic layout.  It's going to be a long report though because it is geared to showing transaction detail. 
    Frankly it probably would be better to run a Spending report for the year, export that to Excel, then type in the beginning and ending balances.  If beginning balance +/- "Overall Total" on Spending report = ending balance, then all's good.
  • anon123
    anon123 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I will give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.