Items NOT showing up on Reports (Q Mac)

cbjames
cbjames Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I have a report where I have selected specific categories and tags. There are items in my checking account that will not show on the report, even though they have the specific selected category and tag.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What base report in Quicken are you using. The "Category Summary", one of the handful or remaining "old" reports which were inherited from the predecessor software, has been reported to have such problems. Supposedly these old reports -- one ones listed on the Reports screen under "Other Reports", with plain gray icons, are destined to be removed from the program at some point. You can accomplish almost everything (there's one exception I'm aware of) from Category Summary in other reports which use the "new" reports engine.

If that's not the report you're using, please provide more details.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cbjames
    cbjames Member
    I am using the "Create Transaction Report".
    It is a Year-to-Date; Schedule_C_Detail Report; I select all my Schedule_C Categories; select a 'business' tag I use.
    It is still leaving out items that are specificity mark for the above filtering.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @cbjames Without seeing your transactions, there's not much we on this forum can do to identify the source of your problem. I will say that in most cases I've seen like this, it has to do with some mis-match of categories or sub-categories.

If you use sub-categories for any of the categories you've selected, you should check to see if any transactions are assigned to the main category with no sub-category. It can help to set your register to Display Long Names in Preferences > Register. I've seen cases where someone had a sub-category with the same or similar name to the main category, and if you're just viewing Short" category names, you can't tell which has been selected.

If you can capture screenshots showing a transaction or two you believe should be included in the report, and the set-up of your report with it missing, perhaps we can assist further. Otherwise, you might want to contact Quicken Support; if you use phone support, the agent can connect to view your Quicken screen, and may be able to help find the problem.

In general, I'm not aware of any reports of the modern transaction report omitting data, which is why I'm inclined to think something isn't categorized or tagged the way you think it is. But aside from guessing in that direction, I can't help pinpoint it further without seeing the data.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.