Started getting CC-505 error for Pentagon Federal Credit Union

jdgallo
jdgallo Member ✭✭
I just started getting a CC-505 error when trying to download transactions from Pentagon Federal Credit Union. I tried resetting one of my accounts and then deactivated and tried to reactivate online support. I couldn't connect. This is the second time in a month I've had issues with Quicken and Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Where is the problem?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this error to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

We have received notification that Pentagon Federal Credit Union is currently blocking access to their servers to mitigate traffic levels.

For more information and to automatically receive updates and/or a resolution on this ongoing issue, please visit here and bookmark the Alert by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @jdgallo

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    @Francisco This is a long running problem caused by PenFed. They shut off outside apps when they have or anticipate having performance issues because they have inadequate IT resources. It was really bad several months ago but got better (expect they got lots of negative feedback because they have a canned answer to the issue) but it never stays good for very long. I'm a little surprised you are not aware of this issue.
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    @Francisco here is response I was referring to in prior msg.
    "Replying to
    @darbusa
    Hi there, we're sorry to hear this has inconvenienced you. The decisions we make for our site are for the benefit of all members. Please visit this link for Quicken assistance: https://penfed.org/frequently-asked-questions/quicken-help. We appreciate your feedback."
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    @Francisco Here is response to my complaint to PenFed today, Feb 28
    "Replying to
    @darbusa
    Hi Darwin, we had to temporarily disable 3rd party platforms from accessing PenFed Online in order to fix an underlying technical issue, we are working to restore access within the next few days. We're sorry for the inconvenience."
  • jdgallo
    jdgallo Member ✭✭
    Thank you! I am happy to hear this is being worked. It is frustrating though. I was unable to get Pen Fed transactions for several months. It finally got fixed a couple of weeks ago and worked for about a week. Pretty sad.
  • davem1943
    davem1943 Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same problem.. This time the problem started with quicken not updating my latest bill so I could use Quickpay to pay my bill.. Now starting Friday with the CC505 messages.. I deactivated the online access for the account and now cannot connect to reactivate.. It seems like the last few months, it's been broken more than it has worked..
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so frustrated with PenFed with the connection with Quicken. Just post what's going on so their financial customers know what's going on. At least be upfront with us. This goes for all financial companies, most fix in a day and it's not normally ongoing. PenFed seems like it's every month. Please add more IT resources to fix the problem.
  • ronracer
    ronracer Member
    You would think the small community CU's might have this problem but not the case with mine. Only seems to be with big national PenFed. You would think they would have many more resources.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this error to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

We have received notification that Pentagon Federal Credit Union is currently blocking access to their servers to mitigate traffic levels.

For more information and to automatically receive updates and/or a resolution on this ongoing issue, please visit here and bookmark the Alert by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • benamay
    benamay Member ✭✭
    Hi, i been having the same issue with PenFed for several months as well. Until they get the issue resolved, you will need to do a manual download from within penfed which creates the quicken file to update. I know its a pain but its the only way to update until PenFed gets more ports. If you do resets within quicken, you run the possibility of having duplicate transactions when the issue is solved, which is also a pain to clear.
  • ronracer
    ronracer Member
    If this is a PenFed issue and they are not going to support Quicken anymore they should just inform us users instead of this piecemeal attempt at fixes.
    Us Quicken users could then transfer to a CU that works with Quicken instead of continuing to wait for a fix over and over again.
  • ronracer
    ronracer Member
    Thank you for contacting PenFed.
    We have recently done an analysis and determined that a lot of our bandwidth is being taken up by aggregators (Quicken, LifeLock, Credit Karma, etc) who make service calls multiple times a day.

In order to ensure stability for members directly accessing their accounts, we are temporarily limiting the bandwidth of aggregators during peak hours. If you are experiencing errors while connecting to PenFed, we suggest going to PenFed online directly or waiting until a different time of day to try again.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for that!!!
  • jdgallo
    jdgallo Member ✭✭
    Pen Fed members using Quicken to access their accounts should NOT be lumped in with LifeLock, Credit Karma, and other “aggregators” who are not Ped Fed members. PenFed is directly blocking their own members. USAA doesn’t do that. Come on Pen Fed!
  • ronracer
    ronracer Member
    I have accounts with at least 15 financial institutions - banks, cu's, investment and retirement platforms. None of these other institutions seem to have this problem - only PenFed
  • ronracer
    ronracer Member
    sal
    I was just able to reactivate my PenFed accounts after deactivating them this is still not an acceptable fix to do every 2 -3 days.
  • ronracer
    ronracer Member
    Well now when I run one step update all my accounts come back as updated in One Step Update Summary except PenFen that is no where to be found
    Good thing no more 505 error but unknown if it's still updating PenFed
  • zamo132
    zamo132 Member ✭✭
    I'm still getting CC-505 error for PenFed. Haven't been able to update for weeks now.
  • BigEd
    BigEd Member ✭✭
    I have had this issue for over a year. Seems to me that PenFed does not want to spend money to upgrade their infrastructure. Obviously, not important to them.
This discussion has been closed.