How can I set up my register to show scheduled transactions six months to a year out?

My older version of Quicken allowed me to show scheduled transactions out six months to a year, but my current version (6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100) doesn't seem to have that capability. Am I missing something or isn't it possible?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Happily, you are just missing something. ;) 

On the right side of each register, under the Search box and above the column headings, there's a small clock icon with an even-smaller arrow for a drop-down menu. 

Click that little down arrow and then choose how far you want to see future scheduled transactions:

Select 6 months, or whatever period you wish, and you'll see these future scheduled transactions, in gray, italic font, in your register above the "today" green line.

Remember that you must set this for each register separately. But that's a good thing, because there may be accounts where you want to see 6 months out and others where you want something different. In any case, you set it once and don't need to touch it again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Happily, you are just missing something. ;) 

On the right side of each register, under the Search box and above the column headings, there's a small clock icon with an even-smaller arrow for a drop-down menu. 

Click that little down arrow and then choose how far you want to see future scheduled transactions:

Select 6 months, or whatever period you wish, and you'll see these future scheduled transactions, in gray, italic font, in your register above the "today" green line.

Remember that you must set this for each register separately. But that's a good thing, because there may be accounts where you want to see 6 months out and others where you want something different. In any case, you set it once and don't need to touch it again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jenny33
    Jenny33 Member
    Thank you so much! I was losing my mind trying to figure this out.
This discussion has been closed.