Why is PNC downloading only 1 transaction per account?

I thought initially it was just once but now it is happening every day. I cannot tell if it is downloading more than 1 transaction but only showing just 1 transaction when I look at what was downloaded. This is happening in Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version R31.12 Build 27.1.31.12 within One Step Update. How to fix this?

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @a1newman,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

How long have you been experiencing this issue?

What type of connection method are you using for this specific bank account? (This can be found by going to Tools > Account List > Clicking on Edit to the right of this personal bank account > Clicking on the Online Services tab and looking under Connection Method.)

When you update your accounts with PNC, have you verified that the cleared transactions downloaded match the cleared transactions with PNC's online banking?

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    JV
  • a1newman
    a1newman Member ✭✭
    I think it started on February 4th when using Web Connect to download the activity of February 3rd. The downloaded item does match.

This morning I got the following odd result which has also occurred before: The One Step Update Summary claims zero new transactions in the PNC accounts but there is 1 new transaction showing in 1 account with activity date from yesterday February 19th.
  • a1newman
    a1newman Member ✭✭
    Also the online balance is correct.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @a1newman

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @a1newman,

I just thought that I'd drop in here to ask a question.  You said you use "Web Connect" to download.  Is that accurate, or did you mean to say either "Direct Connect" or "Express Web Connect"?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1newman said:
    I think it started on February 4th when using Web Connect to download the activity of February 3rd. The downloaded item does match.

This morning I got the following odd result which has also occurred before: The One Step Update Summary claims zero new transactions in the PNC accounts but there is 1 new transaction showing in 1 account with activity date from yesterday February 19th.

Deactivated PNC Register and Set it Up again.

If you have PNC set up for Express Web Connect and downloaded via Web Connect File, it probably messed up the existing Connection.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• a1newman
    a1newman Member ✭✭
    One Step Update Summary identifies the PNC being downloaded through Web Connect (WC) as does the One Step Update process itself although the Account List identifies the transaction download as Express Web Connect (EWC). If I try to update transactions through the account itself, it also identifies the process as PNC Bank - WC. I don't know why Quicken is not showing this as EWC when the Account List clearly identifies it as EWC. I will try deactivating and setting it up again and will advise if all my transactions show up and also whether it shows EWC or WC.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    @a1newman

I believe the reason you're seeing PNC - Web connect  is because that's the actual name of the connection. The actual connection method should still be EWC. That being said see if you're able to get your transactions showing and let us us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • a1newman
    a1newman Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Francisco said:
    > Hello @a1newman
    >
    > Thank
    > you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do
    > apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly
    > the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file
    > if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly
    > the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step
    > on the article.
    >
    >  https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
    >
    > Once
    > you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll
    > see what we able to find next.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken
    > Francisco

I first tried the deactivate and set it up and that appeared to make it worse as no transactions were shown as downloaded although the online balance was updated. So I tried the test file process and the test file seems to have worked. Should I be trying the validate data process?

Note that my Quicken QDF data file is huge at more than 250 KB. Could that size be an issue? If yes, what processes work best for reducing the size?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @a1newman

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would go ahead and return the original file and run the validation procedure.

File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate

There is a feature that you can use to archive your file available here. If you are trying to fix the damage, I would caution that the results may vary when using this feature. It can be difficult to determine what and when problems began in a data file.

Please let us know the results of the validation as it may help to isolate the issue further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • a1newman
    a1newman Member ✭✭
    Here is the PDF of the Data_Log.
    I fixed the items within "The following transaction(s) were linked to account(s) that are no longer in Quicken. Quicken has changed them to indicate that the account was deleted. Please check them and set the category or destination account correctly. Make sure that this does not duplicate transactions." These also related to "The following transaction(s) involving transfers appear to be damaged. You should delete them and recreate as appropriate." and the fix I believe corrected these too.

I fixed the prices in "The following securities have prices dated in the future (if your clock is set to today's date). This might cause some balances to display unexpected values."

The item that states "Corrected 5 Bought or Shares Added transactions that were incorrectly categorized as a realized gain. If any of these should have been for a Cover Short Sale, you should modify them. " is caused by timing of acceptance of same day trades where the short sale occurs and then a covered short sale happens. I cannot determine how to fix this. Is there a solution? Please advise.

What else do I need to do from within this Data_Log before I try to download again? Should I do another validate to check that my corrections were good?
    Is there more information you need?
  • a1newman
    a1newman Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @a1newman
    >
    > Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would go ahead and return the original file and run the validation procedure.
    >
    > File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate
    >
    > There is a feature that you can use to archive your file available here. If you are trying to fix the damage, I would caution that the results may vary when using this feature. It can be difficult to determine what and when problems began in a data file.
    >
    > Please let us know the results of the validation as it may help to isolate the issue further.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -Quicken Tyka

Did you see my response of Saturday 2-27-21?
This discussion has been closed.