Chase Investment account - Money Market redemptions being sent as "Removed"

I have a chase investment account where cash is stored in a money market fund with a security symbol. The problem is whenever I buy something in the account, Chase isn't telling Quicken that it is selling the shares... it's sending them as being "Removed" which triggers a pop up window on every single downloaded transaction prompting me to confirm the shares were removed, then Quicken is posting them as short sales, because I guess Chase doesn't include this "cash" security in the portfolio's holdings. Is there any way to simplify this situation?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, there is no group delete in the downloaded transactions pane for an investment account, and no way to expand it.

Once the transactions have been accepted, however, you can click on the gear at the top right then select Edit multiple transactions. From that dialog you can select and delete multiple transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One option would be to leave the cash as cash rather than as a MM security.  You would then just delete the Removes rather than accept them or convert them to sales.
  • Sorry I'm a little bit of a newbie. Is there a way to delete the from the downloaded transactions window as a group? Or do I have to do it one by one. Also is there a way to expand the downloaded transaction pan so I can see more than like 4-5 transactions at once?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, there is no group delete in the downloaded transactions pane for an investment account, and no way to expand it.

Once the transactions have been accepted, however, you can click on the gear at the top right then select Edit multiple transactions. From that dialog you can select and delete multiple transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription