How do I undo a reconciliation?

Options
Quicken's last update did something funky to my opening balance. I'd like to undo the last two reconciliations and start over. How do I do that without unreconciling each transaction individually (I have hundreds)?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In the Spending Accounts you can select multiple transactions at a time in the usual Windows fashion of selecting the first transaction to be modified, scrolling down to the last transaction to be modified, and then using Shift-Mouse click to select all the transactions in between.  You can then right mouse click on the selection and then click on "reconcile status."
    In Investment Accounts, R31.5 also allows selection of multiple transactions.  " Added a Select option to the Investments register so multiple entries can be modified as a group. To use this feature, select the gear icon and choose Edit multiple transactions. Use the check box in the Select column for each item you want to edit, then choose one of the options at the bottom of the screen."

Answers

• Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In the Spending Accounts you can select multiple transactions at a time in the usual Windows fashion of selecting the first transaction to be modified, scrolling down to the last transaction to be modified, and then using Shift-Mouse click to select all the transactions in between.  You can then right mouse click on the selection and then click on "reconcile status."
    In Investment Accounts, R31.5 also allows selection of multiple transactions.  " Added a Select option to the Investments register so multiple entries can be modified as a group. To use this feature, select the gear icon and choose Edit multiple transactions. Use the check box in the Select column for each item you want to edit, then choose one of the options at the bottom of the screen."
  • GarySGP
    GarySGP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Tom! That did it! I've never had to do that before in Quicken and, while Quickbooks has an easy way to do it, I needed your help!
  • Linda Laughlin
    Options
    I inadvertently made incorrect choice to keep eliminate data rather than save when leaving reconciliation temporarily. How can I retrieve data?
  • Tom Young
    Options
    If you've eliminated data then a recent - yesterday's, hopefully - backup of your data file is the only way to recover.  Quicken doesn't have any "undo" feature that lets you go "back in time."
This discussion has been closed.