My Amazon credit card transactions from Chase Bank will not download. Any ideas?

I can download transactions from a different Chase card just fine but the Amazon export does nothing. I have tried to safe the file and then import into Quicken using both QFX and QIF files - there is some popup that flashes in a 1/2 second so there is some problem but I cannot figure out what goes. Is this an Amazon or Quicken or Chase problem. Anyone?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @dhollis

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I wanted to clarify one piece of information. You mention that you had imported a file but ultimately deleted the transactions.

Were these transactions associated with the last statement that is now not importing? If this is the case, the file will not import into this account again. This is a mechanism to prevent duplicate transactions from being entered.

Please let me know if this is the case and we can explore other options to get this resolved.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dhollis

Can you tell us which versions of both Quicken & Windows you are running?  Also, which download method (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect) is setup for the account and what can you tell us what name appears in the "Financial Institution" field (go to "Account Details > the "General" tab to find this).

Thankx.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    dhollis said:
    I can download transactions from a different Chase card just fine
    but the Amazon export does nothing.
    Just to clarify....
    Are these branded cards - issued by Chase..... Amazon card issued by Chase ?
    As I don't see an Amazon card that is handled by Chase - only Synchrony Bank

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dhollis
    dhollis Member
    ok.
    Quicken Starter Edition 2020
    Version R31.20
    Build 27.1.31.20

Windows10 (auto updated)
    Web Connect (I prefer to go from institution down to Quicken)
    Financial Institution: Chase

It's really weird. I have 3 cards with Chase. The other 2 export from Chase to Quicken just fine and even current transactions work fine for the Amazon. The first time I downloaded the Amazon account I deleted the transactions because it seemed to leave out a lot of the usual details (??). Now that download will not load into Quicken either from WebConnect or my trying to import the transactions from the downloaded saved file. Also tried importing a saved .QIF file download. Crazy crap. I have no idea whose system is screwing with me but this is a regular routine I do each month with 5 different cards (BP and Capital One). The only thing I can think of is that this must have been an Amazon something last month - ????
    Amazon is my most used card with like 30 transactions which it looks like I will have to hand enter unless you guys can come up with a magic wand.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
  • dhollis
    dhollis Member
    As to Amazon card by Chase - I have had it for a long time and have been dealing with it and Chase for many years. Maybe Synchrony Bank has been the issuer of newer ones. I have had my problems with Synchrony Bank so I hope they are not changing over.
  • dhollis
    dhollis Member
    so the Amazon card download that does not work is last months statement transactions - just to clarify the weirdness.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @dhollis

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I wanted to clarify one piece of information. You mention that you had imported a file but ultimately deleted the transactions.

Were these transactions associated with the last statement that is now not importing? If this is the case, the file will not import into this account again. This is a mechanism to prevent duplicate transactions from being entered.

Please let me know if this is the case and we can explore other options to get this resolved.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • dhollis
    dhollis Member
    Yes, this is the case. Now I can understand. It used to not be that way and that was why I always went from institution down to Quicken. The auto updates so often gave me duplicate entries that that became annoying. I was unaware that this was no longer the case. Any options to try to solve this and get that one block of transactions downloaded would be greatly appreciated as I do not look forward to entering 30+ transactions manually. Thank you for reaching out.
    Donna Hollis

btw, I love using Quicken and it has really helped me get hold of my finances.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dhollis

Thank you for the response! I would try to create a new account to import the transactions. I would then move those transactions into the already existing account.

I would select the (+) to add a new account, find the name of the bank and choose "Advanced Options" and choose Web Connect and select the QFX containing the missing transactions.

I would then follow the steps here, to move the transactions to the existing account.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dhollis
    dhollis Member
    It didn't work. I created a temp account with Chase as the institution, advance options Web Connect. I tried to file import from a saved .QFX file with the transactions - would not import. I tried going over to Chase and download both directly and saved file again. No luck. Quicken apparently knows that those transactions are to be put into my Amazon card account and I can't seem to fake it out. It was a great idea but just did not work for me.
    (Sad face here)
    Donna
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @dhollis

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• dhollis
    dhollis Member
    OMG finally. Good thing I have worked on computer for over 40 years. I created a new Quicken file like you said. Then did the account creation connecting with Chase. I downloaded all transactions and then exported the missing ones into a QIF file. I then imported the QIF into my main Quicken database. The hardest part is always to figure out which and where files are. Once located - I finally have my transactions in the correct place and who knows where else.
    Thank you all so much for all the help.
    Francisco - you nailed it!!!!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @dhollis

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the transactions into Quicken! If you do run into any issues please let us know so that we can take a look again.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.