JP Morgan Retirementlink - supported?

Options
Is JP Morgan's RetirementLink platform supported? If so, what is it called in Quicken?

https://retirementlink.jpmorgan.com

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @whatshappeninman .  I could not find JP Morgan's Retirementlink in the fidir.txt file nor via Add Account. 
    Doing a search in this forum returned this thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7650888/issue-downloading-401k-transactions-from-jp-morgan-retirement-link.  Unless something has changed in the last 3-4 yrs, it appears that Retirementlink stopped supporting Quicken about 3 yrs ago.  There is a workaround mentioned in this thread that you might want to try to see if it still might work.
    Also, you might want to ask your contact for Retirementlink to see if they have again added support for Quicken and, if so, how to set up online services for it in Quicken.
    As a final comment:  The decision to be able to import data into Quicken is solely the responsibility of the financial institution (FI).  The FI needs to contract (and pay) Quicken for the service.  If JP Morgan Retirementlink still does not support Quicken you could request them to add that support.  If enough customers request it then perhaps JP Morgan will agree to add that support by contracting with Quicken, again, at some time.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @whatshappeninman .  I could not find JP Morgan's Retirementlink in the fidir.txt file nor via Add Account. 
    Doing a search in this forum returned this thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7650888/issue-downloading-401k-transactions-from-jp-morgan-retirement-link.  Unless something has changed in the last 3-4 yrs, it appears that Retirementlink stopped supporting Quicken about 3 yrs ago.  There is a workaround mentioned in this thread that you might want to try to see if it still might work.
    Also, you might want to ask your contact for Retirementlink to see if they have again added support for Quicken and, if so, how to set up online services for it in Quicken.
    As a final comment:  The decision to be able to import data into Quicken is solely the responsibility of the financial institution (FI).  The FI needs to contract (and pay) Quicken for the service.  If JP Morgan Retirementlink still does not support Quicken you could request them to add that support.  If enough customers request it then perhaps JP Morgan will agree to add that support by contracting with Quicken, again, at some time.

• whatshappeninman
    Options
    Thanks for this information. Realistically, it looks like I'll just have to enter all the information manually and update it periodically...
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I'm guessing that you are right about that.  But if Retirementlink allows transactions download from your online account in QIF format, there is a way you can import that into Quicken:  FAQ: How to Import QIF Files Into Non-cash Accounts, post-Q2004.  I used this process frequently for about 3 years with a 401K account where the FI did not support Quicken.  It worked well for me and after doing it a couple of times I could complete the process pretty quickly in under a couple of minutes from start to finish.
    Another option is to download and use a program like ImportQIF by QuicknPerlWiz (http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/).  It will take a QIF file (plus a few other file formats) and convert it into a QIF file that can be imported.  It's a free program developed by a guy who used to be a Super User in this forum and who still does a lot of helpful posting here.  I haven't used it myself but quite a few have said it is easy to use and works well.

This discussion has been closed.