Deposits not downloading

Options
I am trying to reconcile my Bank of America checking account in Quicken. I haven’t used Quicken in a month and have quite a few transactions that need to be reconciled. When I do “Update/Send” in the online center, it only downloads payments and doesn’t download deposits. Payments are showing up in the register but none of the new deposits. (Older deposits are still there.) There are 15-20 deposits that it should see. I’ve been using Quicken for many years, and haven’t had this issue before. I’m running the latest version – Quicken 2020, Version R31.209, build 27.1.31.20.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks.

- Mona
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @MonaRita

Thanks for the update. It sounds like there's a couple of different issues that are happening here. One thing I'd like to try to see if you're able to do is see if we're able to deactivate the accounts then set them up as new. This should hopefully fix a couple of issues if we are able to do so. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Lastly across the top select tools > add account. Search and try to sign into your FI. When reconnecting the accounts make sure to select link to an existing account so that it doesn't create a new one.

Once you've done this see if we're able to get our transactions downloading properly. Ideally it also clears up the other issues as well. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• dkvinnie
    dkvinnie Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem.
    Windows Q2020 R31.20 Build 27.1.31.20

I tried the reset account option in the online settings for my credit card account and that looked like it was doing something but still nothing gets downloaded when I tried to update.
    The problem occurs with all my online accounts so it's not just one bank.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options

Hello @MonaRita

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• dkvinnie
    dkvinnie Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to solve my issues. I followed these steps:
    Refresh your online account information
    Open the transaction register for the account with the error message
    Click the Gear Icon on the upper right of the register, and select Update Now
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update
    Repeat these steps for each account with this error

For a few accounts the above didn't work so I deactivated them and then went through the activate process.
  • MonaRita
    MonaRita Member ✭✭
    Options
    wow, thank you so much! I will try.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @dkvinnie

Thanks for the update! Thank you for letting us know how you were able to fix it. If you do run into any further issues please let us know so that we're able to take another look.

@MonaRita

Once you get the chance let us know if you were able to get it resolved too!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • MonaRita
    MonaRita Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok, I was finally able to try your test file suggestion, Francisco. Sorry for the delay. When I set up the test file and downloaded the transactions, they seem to look ok, unlike what happens with my actual Quicken file. So does this mean the file is corrupt? How do I fix?

There are actually some other issues other than what I described above (missing transactions in the register). When I look at the downloaded transactions after doing an Update/Send, I see transactions in the "Online Center" window, but these transactions don't link to the register.

Another weird glitch is when I click "Compare to Register" in the online center window, the online center window minimizes itself.

Another thing - whenever I exit Quicken, it says there are online payments to send and asks if I want to send them. I hit "yes", but the next time I exit quicken it asks me the same question. So it doesn't seem to actually be sending the payments even though I said to.

So please let me know how to fix this or if you have anything else you want me to try.

Thanks!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @MonaRita

Thanks for the update. It sounds like there's a couple of different issues that are happening here. One thing I'd like to try to see if you're able to do is see if we're able to deactivate the accounts then set them up as new. This should hopefully fix a couple of issues if we are able to do so. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Lastly across the top select tools > add account. Search and try to sign into your FI. When reconnecting the accounts make sure to select link to an existing account so that it doesn't create a new one.

Once you've done this see if we're able to get our transactions downloading properly. Ideally it also clears up the other issues as well. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• MonaRita
    MonaRita Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Francisco" said:
    > @MonaRita
    >
    > Thanks for the update. It sounds like there's a couple of different issues that are happening here. One thing I'd like to try to see if you're able to do is see if we're able to deactivate the accounts then set them up as new. This should hopefully fix a couple of issues if we are able to do so. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.First thing I'll
    > recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how
    > to do so down below. 
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    >
    > Next we'll try
    > deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed
    > down below.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account
    >
    > Lastly across the top select tools > add account. Search and try to sign into your FI. When reconnecting the accounts make sure to select link to an existing account so that it doesn't create a new one.
    >
    > Once you've done this see if we're able to get our transactions downloading properly. Ideally it also clears up the other issues as well. Let us know how it goes!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Quicken Francisco

Francisco:

Sorry for the late response, I have been out of town. So the problem remains. I tried to deactivate the account as you suggested, but it won't let me. It gives the error:

"Quicken can not edit Joint checking because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register or transaction list. Finish accepting the downloaded transactions, and try again."

But when I look at the "Downloaded Transactions" on the screen below the register, it says "> Downloaded Transactions (0)". But the online center shows many many transactions. Aren't those downloaded transactions? Those are the transactions that are the problem - I can't reconcile them.

Is there any way we can get phone support for this, where someone would remote connect into my screen? I'm not sure going back and forth on this discussion forum is going to get us to a solution.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @MonaRita

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to provide further assistance.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.