Automatic Security Price updates - Options

I have investments in options, as well as stocks, etfs and mutual funds, and the market prices of the options have not been automatically updating for several months. I am working around this by "rebuilding history" once a week or so for each of the dozens of options contracts I hold. I saw a comment in a different thread that said to change the category of the security (option in my case) to "Stock" rather than "Option" and I've done that for a handful but no automatic price updates for either.

Are other people having this same problem? Is Quicken working on this? Any clues as to what the problem is or when it will be fixed. The data is out there and the path seems clear, why the manual process to rebuild history works but not automatic?

I don't download transactions from my financial institution; instead I enter all the contract tickers manually such as AAPL 210319C00120000.

Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @KevinPL

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we may just need to update the securities individually and that's why we're having issues. 

To do this you'll want to go across the top to tools > security list. Click on the securities you're having issues with. At the top see if you're able to update the security. If not select edit details and try finding the symbol and select ok. 

Ideally once you've done this you'll be able to get your prices updating again. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• KevinPL
    KevinPL Member
    Hi Francisco,
    I'm not following your command instructions. I'm on Quicken for Mac, the subscription version. I can get to the Securities list from the Window menu. I have the checkbox for "Download quotes only for indexes and securities held" checked.

Again, my stocks, mutual funds and etfs all update prices automatically upon launch of the software; however, my Options securities do not automatically update prices. I have to manually update the Options prices by clicking into each one of the securities and finding the "rebuild history" command and selecting that command.

Several months ago, the Options all did automatically update prices but somewhere in October-November that important functionality stopped working.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @KevinPL

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if you could let us know a couple of specific symbols that you're having issues with. I'd like to check on my side to see if I also have any issues with trying to get them to update. If you could include a couple of different ones it would be best.

Please let me know once you get the chance and I'll see what I can find.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • KevinPL
    KevinPL Member
    Here are a handful of symbols.
    AAPL 210917C00130000
    DIS 211015P00170000
    IPOE 220121C00012500

Again, I can manually get prices to update by going to the securities menu - double clicking each security individually - pulling down the "Options" menu - and selecting "Rebuild History". But this takes an hour of my time each week on the dozens of options I have. All of my other ticker symbols, which are not options, automatically update when I start up the application.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @KevinPL

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.