How do I get Federal and State tax categories to display separately in my report?

I hold Power of Attorney for my father and I'm trying to prepare information for his CPA. I've set up an Income/Expense by Category report for his pension payments for last year. I've chosen the single Payee for his retirement payments and the following categories: Pension income, Medical:Insurance, Tax:Fed and Tax:State. The report this set-up generates has all the correct totals, but under Expenses the only two listings are "Medical" and "Tax" (i.e. the "parents") with the federal and state amounts showing as a single total. I'm sure there's an easy way to change this so the two amounts show separately each month, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is. :/

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Open the report, press Alt + C, select the Advanced tab, Show All in the Subcategories: pull-down menu, and OK.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Open the report, press Alt + C, select the Advanced tab, Show All in the Subcategories: pull-down menu, and OK.
  • Kathleen Winger
    Kathleen Winger Member ✭✭
    Many thanks Sherlock. I knew it had to be somewhere; can't believe I didn't see it before. (And can't believe it didn't come up in Quicken Help in response to my multiple queries for info on subcategories, reports, formatting ...)
This discussion has been closed.