Quicken downloads 3 mos. of back/dup transactions when I change credit card number

When I've called Quicken regarding changing my credit card number for downloading transactions, one support person said to Delete the old account; another said Deactivate it. I've used both ways, but deactivating seems best. However, when I go back into the register after I've changed the credit card number, Quicken OFTEN downloads up to 3 mos. of back transactions. I know that I need to be sure the "Link to " option is chosen, but still sometimes I get a the back transactions. Any suggestions as to how to avoid this. It takes hours to get out the duplicates. Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @sanrogwhit

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It's ultimately up to you when you decide what method you want to take but when it comes to the duplicates there's a couple of ways to deal with them. 

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

If you'd like to relink to the existing account what you can do is change the sorting with the status (blue dot) column to only show recently downloaded transactions. From there you can mass delete those transactions by clicking on the oldest new transaction then holding SHIFT and clicking on the newest transaction you want to delete. This should highlight every transaction in-between the two. From there you can right click in the blue and delete transactions.

This is one of the ways to do this. Let me know if this helps you out. If you would prefer a different method let us know and we can see what else we can try.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sanrogwhit
    sanrogwhit Member
    Thank you Francisco. I'll use your advice the next time I have to change my credit card number. Just knowing how to delete multiple transactions is a big help!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @sanrogwhit

Glad to hear! When you are looking to do it please let us know if you are having issues and we'll see how we can help!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know what is happening.  With Express Web Connect most of the time it it the Intuit servers that are creating the unique Ids that Quicken uses to identify duplicate transactions (you can turn on the Downloaded ID column to see it).  These start with Intuit-...  (Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service)

Well Intuit store some kind of "seed number" as a basis of this unique Ids.  When you reset or deactivate/reactivate an account it changes this "seed number" and the result is all the unique Ids change.  The 3 months of transactions are whatever the financial institution thinks should be sent at any given time.  Normal you don't see them because Quicken filters them out as duplicates.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.