Why is my register now available without a password?

Options
For years it was necessary to sign in with  a password to use my register and all of the sudden it doesn't require one and is wide open.  Like when I have my PC serviced my register it open to the public.  Help

Best Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Click Edit/Preferences/Startup, and click change, and choose Custom password and type one in. Test by closing quicken and reopening it.

wags Glad to be here!

• savampato
    savampato Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you....
  • studpup
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You're welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions, or just search the community for previously answered content, or contact Quicken support.

wags Glad to be here!

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This is only a guess, but updating Quicken frequently results in some setting changes, for reasons unknown. 
    In the future if you suddenly find that Quicken is functioning in a different fashion than you're used to you might first look through Preferences and/or a register's settings to see if some setting has been changed by an update.
  • studpup
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Tom Young said:
    This is only a guess, but updating Quicken frequently results in some setting changes, for reasons unknown. 
    In the future if you suddenly find that Quicken is functioning in a different fashion than you're used to you might first look through Preferences and/or a register's settings to see if some setting has been changed by an update.
    If you're testing different versions or have multiple files, the problem is magnified. Some settings exist in each quicken file, some are systemwide. Some survive a reinstall, some are reset. It's not a major problem, just something to keep in mind to double check any important settings.

wags Glad to be here!

Answers

• studpup
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Click Edit/Preferences/Startup, and click change, and choose Custom password and type one in. Test by closing quicken and reopening it.

wags Glad to be here!

• savampato
    savampato Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you....
  • studpup
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You're welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions, or just search the community for previously answered content, or contact Quicken support.

wags Glad to be here!

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • studpup
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Tom Young said:
    If you're testing different versions or have multiple files, the problem is magnified. Some settings exist in each quicken file, some are systemwide. Some survive a reinstall, some are reset. It's not a major problem, just something to keep in mind to double check any important settings.

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.