How do I download an editable list of Quicken categories? Want to use an earlier list

Options
I'm a legacy Quicken user who used it years ago. I want to change the existing categories list to include more detailed categories that I used years ago. Any help on accessing and downloading vintage or earlier Quicken category lists? Comments, feedback, or ideas welcome!

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you still have an old data file with the preferred categories, you can export the category list to a QIF file and then import that QIF file into your new data file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no separate category list per se. You have complete control over what you want for categories by adding or deleting. If you have any reports from before, you can recreate them as needed.
    Categories are never static, I still make tweaks to my list after nearly 30 years.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you still  open that older Q data file?  You can export the categories from it to at least get a start in your new product.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you still have an old data file with the preferred categories, you can export the category list to a QIF file and then import that QIF file into your new data file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.