Reconcile process

walter bender
walter bender Member ✭✭✭
Been using Quicken a long time. Previously I clicked an account in the account bar, which I display on the right border of the screen, and the main window showed the register or transaction detail. Now for some reason a new window opens over the main window showing transactions or activity. To reconcile I have to click the gear and select reconcile (ctrl + r). Used to be that I could just click reconcile in the ribbon and the whole process was much easier. Not sure I changed anything. Did Quicken change? I really want the old way back. Help!!

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    "Now for some reason a new window opens over the main window showing transactions or activity."
    Click Edit > Preferences > Register and see if "Use pop-up registers" got clicked.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    "Now for some reason a new window opens over the main window showing transactions or activity."
    Click Edit > Preferences > Register and see if "Use pop-up registers" got clicked.

• walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    You are a genius. Thanks.
  • Tom Young
    It's known that sometimes updating Quicken will change preferences and other setting in Quicken, though why this is the case has never been stated as far as I know.
    In the future if you suddenly start seeing odd behavior in Quicken start looking through Preferences and your settings in registers and transaction list to see if a recent update has stepped on something.
This discussion has been closed.