Sidebar account total does not agree with detail account total

Options
KJTemplin
KJTemplin Member, Mac Beta Beta
In one of my accounts, the sidebar total does not agree with the account balance.  I have checked all settings and they are consistent with my other accounts which display the correct total.

Any help to correct this issue would be appreciated.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Do you have both your register and sidebar set to show Today's Balance? 

There is a known bug if you have the sidebar set to show future (projected) balances; future-dated transactions are not added to the balances for investment accounts, while future transactions are added to other accounts. Is this what you're running into? (If so, please take a moment to visit this thread and add your vote for this behavior to be changed; for some reason I don't understand, the powers that be at Quicken are considering this an enhancement request rather than a bug to be fixed.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • KJTemplin
    Options
    Jacobs:

Thanks for the feedback.  My sidebar is set to show todays balance.

Ken
  • jacobs
    Options
    @KJTemplin Are both your sidebar and register set to show Today's Balance? It's easy to have one showing projected and one showing today and be confused why they don't agree.

If they are both set to Today's Balance, let's dig a little deeper. What type of account is it where the sidebar and register don't agree (e.g. checking account, credit card account, investment account, etc.)? Are there any scheduled transactions (in gray and italic) in the register which might account fro the discrepancy?
  • KJTemplin
    Options
    Jacobs:

Both the sidebar and register are set for today's balance.  It is an investment account. There are 2 scheduled transactions.  Neither are in gray or italic.  However, the amount of the difference between the register and sidebar balance is the exact amount of one of the transactions.  I don't believe this is simply consequential.  But I am not sure why it is occurring.

Ken Templin
  • jacobs
    Options
    @KJTemplin I'm confused that you say you have a scheduled transaction, not in the future, and it is not gray. All scheduled transactions are gray and have a little clock icon in the status column; when you mark them as paid/deposited, they become regular black transactions. Can you capture a screenshot of the transaction in your register?

Also, you say the register is set to today's balance, but then stay it is an investment account. Investment account registers don't have a setting for today/projected balance; they show only Market Value.
  • KJTemplin
    Options
    I used "scheduled transaction" and "today's balance" loosely.  This is an investment account and the correct term is market value.  The scheduled transactions are future transactions not set up through the scheduling function.  I usually set up OTO (one time only) transfer transactions or others the download does not handle properly.
  • KJTemplin
    Options
    I "scheduled" the transfer transaction and deleted the future "buy" transaction (QMac only allows income and expense items be scheduled) and the sidebar and market value now agree.  This is different than QWin where I can enter both as future transactions and the QWin sidebar and market value agree.

Thanks for the help.  It helped me recognize some more key differences between QWin and QMac.
This discussion has been closed.