Incomplete Income Transactions in Reports

Qunbee
Qunbee Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Running a report with selected accounts for ALL categories. The income transactions are not complete - leaving one month out. That transaction has the SAME payee and category as all of the others yet I can't get the report to include it.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Qunbee said:
    The problem is not all transactions are included and the 'fix' seems to be creating a report, manually verify transactions to discover error(s), re-examine accounts & categories, experiment with changes, delete report, create a new report... Obviously a great waste of time.
    @Qunbee  Without more information, it's hard to offer any specific advice. I can say that I'm not aware of any problems with data errors with the modern reports (e,g. not the old Category Summary) that anyone has been reporting. Of course, we can all make errors in configuring a report and need to tweak settings to get what we want, and we can all mis-categorize some transactions and only discover it when they're missing from an expected report -- but those are user errors, and you seem to be describing errors in the program that I'm just not aware exist.

If you'd like help troubleshooting with a report here, you'd probably need to post a few screenshots of some specific data in a register and in a report, and the report settings, in order for anyone to help you spot problems. Or you could call Quicken Support during the week and ask for a representative to screenshare your Quicken so they can see what you're seeing and help troubleshoot. So I'm simply saying there are resources to help you with your reports if you want them. If you've got it covered with your "other options" now, best wishes moving forward. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    I deleted the report and created another one. The missing transactions are now included. The only problem is, are ALL of the missing transactions included?
  • jacobs
    What report are you using? The old Category Summary report is known to have some problems with not always including all transactions it should; that report is going to be removed from the program at some point in the future, as the new reports engine has reports which do the same thing, and without such errors.
  • Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. I tried to use the alternative reports but they were just as flawed, plus the format is very different.
  • jacobs
    Well, if you're using Category Summary under Other Reports, I doubt it will be fixed; it's slated to be removed.

If you're using a modern report like Transactions by Category or Category Summary by Month/Year, I'm not aware of any reports of them omitting data. So we'd need to dig deeper into your data and report set-up to try to find why's going on. I don't know if you'd be comfortable sharing and partial screen shots which could shed light on the situation.

I'm not sure what you mean about "the format is very different" to be able to offer any suggestions. What's different? What are you missing that you want? 
  • Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    Thank you again for your response. The problem is not all transactions are included and the 'fix' seems to be creating a report, manually verify transactions to discover error(s), re-examine accounts & categories, experiment with changes, delete report, create a new report... Obviously a great waste of time. I'm going to move forward with other options.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Qunbee said:
    The problem is not all transactions are included and the 'fix' seems to be creating a report, manually verify transactions to discover error(s), re-examine accounts & categories, experiment with changes, delete report, create a new report... Obviously a great waste of time.
    @Qunbee  Without more information, it's hard to offer any specific advice. I can say that I'm not aware of any problems with data errors with the modern reports (e,g. not the old Category Summary) that anyone has been reporting. Of course, we can all make errors in configuring a report and need to tweak settings to get what we want, and we can all mis-categorize some transactions and only discover it when they're missing from an expected report -- but those are user errors, and you seem to be describing errors in the program that I'm just not aware exist.

If you'd like help troubleshooting with a report here, you'd probably need to post a few screenshots of some specific data in a register and in a report, and the report settings, in order for anyone to help you spot problems. Or you could call Quicken Support during the week and ask for a representative to screenshare your Quicken so they can see what you're seeing and help troubleshoot. So I'm simply saying there are resources to help you with your reports if you want them. If you've got it covered with your "other options" now, best wishes moving forward. 

This discussion has been closed.