ezcardinfo.com account asks me for a security question I never answered

Sheila
Sheila Member ✭✭✭
I'm trying to add my VISA card to Quicken Premier 2020 on Windows build R31.20. The VISA card is from my credit union. The credit card web site is ezcardinfo.com.

When I activate online services for this account in Quicken, it asks me to answer a security question that I've never answered when setting up the account. ezcardinfo.com customer service verified that they have no security questions. I checked my credit union security questions and the one I'm asked to answer isn't one of them.

How can I add this account to Quicken?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Shelia,

I took a look at the EZCardInfo.com website and it had this as part of it's FAQ:

I answered the security questions incorrectly and received a message saying my online account is locked. What should I do?

To unlock your online account, call 866-604-0380.
    For security reasons we're unable to reset your account online or by email.

I suspect that you may have been locked out from your account through the process of trying to activate the account in Quicken.  I would suggest that you call the above number to see if they can reset your account for you.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sheila

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

May I also ask that you please provide the name of the financial institution you are selecting from the bank list?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Premier build R31.20 on Windows. My bank is Weokie Federal Credit Union.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sheila

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I took a look at the list and have located the option below.

Are you able to sign in using this option shown? If not, can you please provide the URL that you visit to view this account online?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    I've added my Weokie savings and checking accounts to Quicken, so there's no problem signing in to them.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sheila

Are you still having issues with connecting still or were you able to connect? Depending on what you were able to find out we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    I don't know what else to try. When I try to activate the online services, Quicken prompts me to type in the EZcard user name and password. I typed in my credit union's user name and password because that's how I get to my credit card statement. There is no separate log in for the credit card account. Then I'm asking to type my favorite vacation spot. I tried all of my usual places, but none work, which makes sense because I didn't answer that security question with the credit union or credit card to begin with.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Sheila

Thanks for the update. I'd like to try something to see if this may solve the issue. Could you check to see if we might be able to import the file from the FI's website then try connecting afterwards. On the banks website you'll want to see if they have an option to download/export transactions to Quicken. I'll leave a link below explaining more details.

https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting

From here If you are able to import we'll want to try connecting the account and I'll leave a link down below as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've done this see if we're able to get it to connect. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    The bank's web site does have an option to download transactions. I tried to download the credit card transactions and got the error "Transactions may only be downloaded when they are fully posted to your account."

The transactions were automatically downloaded into Quicken until 1/16/21 when it stopped.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Shelia,

I took a look at the EZCardInfo.com website and it had this as part of it's FAQ:

I answered the security questions incorrectly and received a message saying my online account is locked. What should I do?

To unlock your online account, call 866-604-0380.
    For security reasons we're unable to reset your account online or by email.

I suspect that you may have been locked out from your account through the process of trying to activate the account in Quicken.  I would suggest that you call the above number to see if they can reset your account for you.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    EZCardInfo.com couldn't find my account so it couldn't be reset. (Turns out they use a different user name than my bank.) However, I manually downloaded the VISA transactions and imported them into Quicken. The VISA account details in Quicken says that the online banking is activated and now the account can be updated.

Thanks for your attention to this issue!
    Sheila
This discussion has been closed.