When I run One Step Update, it always wants me to add a Chase account. How do I stop this?

MemBob
MemBob Member ✭✭
How do I stop this meaning request to add a Chase account?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MemBob

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • MemBob
    MemBob Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had already completed most of the steps in that process but not all of them; therefore, I repeated the process and followed those steps completely. It did not resolve the issue. Every time I run 1-step update, it opens a window about halfway through the process for me to create a new Chase account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MemBob,

Let's try something different.  Please open up the "Account List" - Select "Tools" > "Account List".  Next page down and tell us what appears in the "Transaction Download" column for every Chase account (that includes checking, savings, cd's, credit cards, mortgages & loans.  Are there any Yes's?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MemBob
    MemBob Member ✭✭
    Hi Frankx. I deactivated all of my Chase and Discover Bank accounts and did a validate and repair, changed my Discover Bank password and then reconnected the Discover Bank and the Chase Bank accounts. It seems to be working. I am going to shut down Quicken tonight and then try again tomorrow (Tuesday) to see if it works. If not, I will follow your steps above.

MemBob
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @MemBob,

Sounds good - let me know how tomorrow goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MemBob
    MemBob Member ✭✭
    Hmmm. It didn't work. Nothing seems to fix this issue. I hope I don't have to delete my database and start over because there are over 80 accounts in this database.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @MemBob,

So, apparently you are still getting the window - when running One Step Update - asking for you to "create a new Chase account" is that correct?

Did you follow the suggestion I made above about reviewing your Account List for each Chase account and determining whether any have "yes" in the "Transaction Download" column? If so, are all Chase accounts "No"?  What about the "online Bill Pay" column - any "yes" indicators there for Chase accounts?

Frankx

• MemBob
    MemBob Member ✭✭
    I had deactivated all of the Chase accounts. So they all say either "No" or Not Available. The online pay column is blank for everything.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is another step that you can take - for each Chase account (including credit card accounts), go to the "Account Details" >"General" tab and remove all data from the "Account Number", "Routing Number" and "Customer ID" fields.  Then close out of Quicken and restart. 

If you still get that prompt when using One Step Update, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support during normal business hours - here's the Customer Support LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• MemBob
    MemBob Member ✭✭
    No change. It still opens the Add Account box. Ugggg.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @MemBob

One other thought came to mind.  When you followed "the suggestion I made above about reviewing your Account List for each Chase account" and opened up the "Account List" did you happen to check the "Show hidden accounts" box in the lower left hand corner of that screen?  If you did not, please go back to the "Account List" and first check that box > then search for any other Chase accounts that may have been "hidden"

Thanks.

Frankx

• MemBob
    MemBob Member ✭✭
    Yes. I had clicked the "Show Hidden Accounts" box and included those Chase accounts also.
This discussion has been closed.