"Downgrading" - back to Q2001 from Q2013

Options
marlar75
marlar75 Member
I have an unusual question. I have used 2001 deluxe forever. Recently I upgraded for free to 2013 deluxe. I now want to go back to my 2001 deluxe. I have the 2001 deluxe installation cd.
How exactly do I do this?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You do realize you will lose anything you added to your Quicken data file while using QW2013 and revert back to the last backup (or copy) of your data file set made in QW2001.
    To revert, do the QCleanUI process described here: QCleanUI - Clean Uninstall
    Next install QW2001 and download and execute the QW2001 patches found at this link: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2001-patches.html
    Finally, restore or copy your data file to "Documents->Quicken" and use File->Open Quicken File to find & open the data file.

NOTE:  The QW2001 data is in a data file set, so there are multiple files that you need to deal with all with the same name, just different extensions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You do realize you will lose anything you added to your Quicken data file while using QW2013 and revert back to the last backup (or copy) of your data file set made in QW2001.
    To revert, do the QCleanUI process described here: QCleanUI - Clean Uninstall
    Next install QW2001 and download and execute the QW2001 patches found at this link: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2001-patches.html
    Finally, restore or copy your data file to "Documents->Quicken" and use File->Open Quicken File to find & open the data file.

NOTE:  The QW2001 data is in a data file set, so there are multiple files that you need to deal with all with the same name, just different extensions.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you want to go back to Q2001 from the free and more recent Q2013 ?
    I would think it would be better to stay with the Q2013, as it is closer to the recent world of Quicken Subscription..... 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could imagine "feature shock".  QW2008 doesn't look at all like current Q and 2001 is even further back than that.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    splasher said:
    I could imagine "feature shock". 
    yeah - I'm still running MS Office 2007 - and actually found a plug-in that changed the menus back to the old classic versions.... never liked the changed MS Ribbon Bar -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10