Budget amounts not being saved

This discussion was created from comments split from: During Backup, Budget Completely Disappeared.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @BarbNY

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running?

If you have not done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• BarbNY
    BarbNY Member ✭✭
    I had not used Budget function until now. I repeatedly have lost manual entries entered in my budget. For example: monthly budget amounts I entered for several subcategories in Auto.... are there when I close and back up, then gone when I open again. This is happening in several categories. I have entered some probably 10 times. It varies with each save --what saves, what doesn't, though a few manual budget entries have "stuck" from day 1. I asked a Q Support guy if he was aware of issues like this: "no" (we were at end of other discussion; I did not pursue). Any thoughts/advice? SO discouraged. I think I've read (memorized!) all Budget documentation. Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @BarbNY

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running?

If you have not done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • BarbNY
    BarbNY Member ✭✭
    Tyka thank you. Some personal business has taken me away from this. I WILL try Validate and Repair and report back --I hope next week, Thanks for having responded so promptly.
  • BarbNY
    BarbNY Member ✭✭
    Hello again. Finally today I have opened my saved budget in "Planning." Sadly, most categories that I had manually budgeted are empty or have taken one month budget amount and run it through the rest of the year (even if I had entered different amounts in diff months). I have deleted the budget; am manually choosing my categories and starting over, I will stop after entering part of it; will use Validate; then see what happens over a few days. I can find no documentation in Community or in Q Help that indicates I am doing something wrong when setting up. I will be back in touch,
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @BarbNY

Thanks for updating us. One thing I can recommend is if you'd like to have some additional assistance you can contact Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will allow us to help figure out if there's an issue. I'll leave our hours down below so we can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.