Why doesn't Quicken save a password?

I am using passwords with mostly caps like ABCd1234 for two accounts.
Despite repeated attempts to save them, Quicken isn't saving them.
Is this a bug?

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    What are the FIs for the accounts and are they Banking or Investment?  Do they use Express Web Connect or Direct Connect?  How are you trying to save them?  A little more info about where you experience the problem would be helpful.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which types of accounts and what is the Financial Institution(s)?
    What is the connection method you are trying to set up?  Direct Connect or Express Web Connect?
    Is it that the PWs are not being saved into the PW Vault and you must reenter the PWs in order to do OSU?  Or is it that you cannot see the PWs in the PW Vault?
    One last question:  Which Connection Channel are you set up with?  FDS or QCS?  (You can find out which one by holding down the Fn and F4 keys while clicking on About Quicken (under the Help menu).)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Jim Vincent
    Jim Vincent Member ✭✭
    One account is banking - Chase
    One account is investment - TD Ameritrade
    During update is asks for the passwords and gives an option to save - but it doesn't.
    I have also edited the account details updating the passwords - but to no avail.
    Whadt are the FI's - did I give you enough information?
    thanks
    Jim Vincent
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    FIs are financial institutions so you provided that.  I assume both of those accounts are using Direct Connect so you can edit the passwords (you can't with Express Web Connect). The question about channel only applies to Express Web Connect so it may not be applicable. Your response about editing account details is confusing since passwords are not stored there.  Passwords are stored in the password vault and you should be able to edit them there.  Were you deactivaing and re-activating the accounts in Online Services?  You can verify the connection method being used in Onlince Services or at the top of the account register.  Lastly, if you enter the password when prompted during update process, does the account update successfully?

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Jim Vincent
    Jim Vincent Member ✭✭
    For Chase I am using direct connect.
    For TDA I am using direct connect.
    I cannot get the channel information. My FN F4 pulls up a calculator - ieven if I ia on Quicken Help or Help About.
    Thanks for your help - I'll check back tomorrow.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Chase I am using direct connect.
    For TDA I am using direct connect.
    I cannot get the channel information. My FN F4 pulls up a calculator - ieven if I ia on Quicken Help or Help About.
    Thanks for your help - I'll check back tomorrow.
    As mentioned by @jrich75 the channel information applies to Express Web Connect (EWC), not Direct Connect (DC).  So, there is no point in focusing on that since the 2 accounts in question are DC.
    When you open your Password Vault, does it show these two accounts have PWs saved there?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Jim Vincent
    Jim Vincent Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help. I solved the problems by going into the Password Vault and entering the passwords.
    However, I still maintain there maybe a bug. When updating, it asks you to enter the passworf, if it is not in the vault. And it gives you a checkbox to "save", which I assume it means to the password vault. Quicken was not doing that.
This discussion has been closed.