Since late Janurary, Quicken no longer actually downloads transactions

Fail 3/3 investment accounts w 1/2 firms, 1/2 Checking accounts w 1/2 firms, and 1 Credit Card, to successfully downloaded transactions since 1/28/21. They *say* they download, but 0 transactions. Deactivating/Reactivating is no help. In fact, the latest trick is that it now won't reactivate Checking, thinking it's already connected, and now it says "Quicken Online is out of service, please wait 3-4 hours". Have rebooted, etc etc etc for at least a week, What's going on?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @AndrewShaw

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  It sounds like it thinks you may not be connected to the Quicken server in general. In this case lets try signing out and back in to see if we're able to get some connectivity. 

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've done this let us know if you're getting any different messages. We'll see what we can try from there.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• AndrewShaw
    AndrewShaw Member
    That's awesome -- almost solves it; thank you so much!
    The remaining problem is probably in the ones you're already dealing with: I'm getting CC-501 trying to connect to my investment house Neuberger-Berman. It goes through the login and validation questions ok, and then "oops we have a problem"
  • Quicken Francisco
    @AndrewShaw

I'm glad to hear we're mostly good to go here. For the account you're having trouble with we'll want to do troubleshooting.  I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• AndrewShaw
    AndrewShaw Member
    Son of a gun. Created test file & created account for NB. The 1st 2 times, entering my UserId in the usual CamelCase it failed "not your fault; do you want to try again"; the third time with my userid in lowercase (which is how they do in fact seem to store it), it downloaded (albeit w caveats about capital returns on short positions) ... But it got the 3 accounts correctly w reasonable values for balances and up-to-date transactions. So, applying with the main file .... and it goes in an links the 3 quicken accounts to the 3 NB accounts, but when it's time to "update transactions" it pops a tab in my browser:
    <Errors xmlns="http://schema.intuit.com/platform/common/error/v1">
    <error>
    <code>AuthenticationFailed</code>
    <type>INPUT</type>
    </error>
    </Errors>
  • AndrewShaw
    AndrewShaw Member
    OK... Got it. Trick is to *deactivate* the accounts: one at a time, click "edit" from the online accounts list, then *deactivate*, then "improve the connection is a modern way", then userid/password, then "link to existing quicken account". That got them all.

Thank you so much, this was driving me nuts!
  • Quicken Francisco
    @AndrewShaw

It sounds like you were able to get everything back up and running! If you do run into any other issues please let us know so that we're able to take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.