Can Mediacom Billing connector be updated?

I am trying to set up my Bills to connect to billing websites, when i search for Mediacom and use the Online Bill connector listed in quicken and search for my ISP "Mediacom", When i put in my Mediacom Credentials it does not connect. Mediacom has 2 different login methods, a "Mediacom ID" and an "E-Billing" ID , I believe that it is looking for the Ebilling ID and i don't have one because this is a legacy option, I have a Mediacom ID which does not work with Quicken's Connector, can this be updated to recognize a Mediacom Billing ID?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Shredder52404

Thank you for following up. Our service provider has stated that they are aware of issues syncing Mediacom Cable accounts at this time.

They are unable to provide an ETA on a resolution for this, but they are aware and working towards a solution.

I would move forward tracking this bill manually and explore alternative payment options if using Quicken Bill Manager. I apologize for not having better news to share at this time.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Shredder52404
    Shredder52404 Member ✭✭
    Also note, that the error i get when attempting to connect is an "Invalid credential" error. I am 100% certain that my credentials are valid as they work on the actual website
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hello @Shredder52404

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your online biller profile for Mediacom and the error message is incorrect credentials. I do not see any additional details.

If you are sure that the password is correct, I would next suggest resetting the password and see if you can successfully sign in.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Shredder52404
    Shredder52404 Member ✭✭
    The password is not incorrect, The connector points to an older E-billing Mediacom System, There are two different ID's an E-billing ID (Old System) and a Mediacom ID (Newer System) I spoke with Mediacom and they no longer create Ebilling ID's and there is no workaround for that. This connector needs to be udpated by quicken to point to the newer Mediacom ID system. I have "reported an issue" within Quicken per suggestion of Mediacom Support. If there is a way that you can you can assist with that I would appreciate it.
  • Shredder52404
    Shredder52404 Member ✭✭
    *correction, Per suggestion of quicken support, not mediacom support
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Shredder52404

Thank you for the response and the clarification.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue that you are experiencing. Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update/add the bill again.

Please let me know if the trouble persists after waiting 48 hours.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Shredder52404
    Shredder52404 Member ✭✭
    Will circle back to this, thank you for the assistance
  • Shredder52404
    Shredder52404 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @Quicken_Tyka I have waited some time and still see no changes on my end. Is there a status update or an ETA on this?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Shredder52404

Thank you for following up. Our service provider has stated that they are aware of issues syncing Mediacom Cable accounts at this time.

They are unable to provide an ETA on a resolution for this, but they are aware and working towards a solution.

I would move forward tracking this bill manually and explore alternative payment options if using Quicken Bill Manager. I apologize for not having better news to share at this time.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.