Numbers replaced with 'Xxx' causing duplicate download transactions

studpup
studpup Windows Beta Beta
Started today after applying the update 32.10, Quicken downloaded "new" transactions that aren't new, they're duplicate transactions but appear new because digits were replaced with xxx's.

American pride bank checking account has existing reconciled transaction:
03/08/21 Dbt Crd 1151 42808739 Racetrac2460 00024604 Marietta Ga C#3607 $1.07
and today's "new" transactions include:
03/08/21 Dbt Crd Xxxx Xxxxxxxx Racetracxxxx Xxxxxxxx Marietta Ga C#3607  $1.07

BB&T checking:
03/05/21 03/05/21 TRANSFER SOSTBK CK WEBXFR 3084901415 BB&T ONLINE EXTERN
03/05/21 XX/XX/XX Transfer Sostbk Ck Webxfr Xxxxxx1415 Bb&t Online Extern

Discover card has same (direct connect):
03/04/21 Kroger #455 Marietta Gacashover $ 60.00 Purchases $61.45
03/04/21 Kroger #XXX Marietta Gacashover $ 60.00 Purchases $61.45

Restored last night's file, validated no errors, tried OSU again at 2pm and reproduced problem successfully. My workaround for today is to delete the new downloads.

Windows 10, latest patches, normal local storage, QCS, no cloud sync. 

wags Glad to be here!

Best Answer

• studpup
    Answer ✓
    Resolved, but not explained: https://www.quicken.com/support/resolution-duplicate-transaction-issue

Overview

Transactions downloaded via Express Web Connect (Quicken for Windows) or Quicken Connect (Quicken for Mac) between 3/16/2021 and 3/23/2021 may be duplicated.

To resolve this issue

If you encounter this problem, you will need to simply delete the duplicate transactions. This will only need to be done once.

wags Glad to be here!

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What does the Downloaded ID look like?
    I wonder “who” is generating these unique IDs, and where in the flow the information is getting changed.

With QCS you have:
    Quicken -> QCS -> Intuit -> Financial institution’s website.

So there are many possibilities of which is messing up.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • studpup
    Uninstalled then tested with Quicken 21.1.31.12, restored data file: same duplicate transactions
    Restored data file again, switched to FDS: same duplicate transactions
    Reapplied mondo 31.1.32.20, restored data file: same duplicate transactions.

So I guess it's not the patch or QCS, just coincidental I applied it the day the problem started. How do I see the transaction communication details and troubleshoot further?

wags Glad to be here!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    FDS/Direct Connect the transaction communications are in the OFX log, for QCS they are in the Cloud Sync log.
    Signature:
  • studpup
    Not much in it, except repeated:

################### Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 15:42:08 #####################
    ERROR:UPSRestClientService::ExportProductInformationRequest - Webmethod call didn't succeed and the failure response is:{"id":100577604903867392,"status":"UPDATED"}

################### Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 15:42:10 #####################
    INFO:Quick Pay Idle Status changed from UNKNOWN to UNKNOWN

Nothing resembling per-transaction detail

wags Glad to be here!

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    I saw the same error, needs to be fixed asap.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well you might try the OFX log.  But the reason I got into looking there in the first place is when they first came out with QCS on Quicken Windows and there was a download error it was noticed that Quicken didn’t pick up on the error (only looking in the OFX log), and I found the error there and I thought I saw transactions there too.  Since then I have pruned down my Express Web Connect accounts to just a Macy’s credit care with very low amount of transactions, and set it to FDS.  My intent is that when they finally switch to QCS for everyone, I will just do manual entry.

So the bottom line for me is that this just one more reason not to use Express Web Connect.
    Signature:
  • vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    did it again today on my discovery card. exactly one week since the last time with 2 old transactions from last week.
  • studpup
    Answer ✓
    Resolved, but not explained: https://www.quicken.com/support/resolution-duplicate-transaction-issue

Overview

Transactions downloaded via Express Web Connect (Quicken for Windows) or Quicken Connect (Quicken for Mac) between 3/16/2021 and 3/23/2021 may be duplicated.

To resolve this issue

If you encounter this problem, you will need to simply delete the duplicate transactions. This will only need to be done once.

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.